• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Color Codes [Basic]

Wobber

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Color codes can make all of your text in your games look better than ever!
The color codes go as follow:
  • &r | Reset Colors
  • &0 | Black
  • &8 | Dark Gray
  • &7 | Light Gray
  • &f | White
  • &1 | Dark Blue
  • &9 | Blue
  • &3 | Cyan
  • &b | Aqua
  • &2 | Dark Green
  • &a | Green
  • &4 | Dark Red
  • &c | Red
  • &6 | Orange
  • &e | Yellow
  • &5 | Purple
  • &d | Magenta
  • &l | Bold
  • &o | Italicized
  • &n | Underlined
  • &m | Strikethrough
  • &k | Obfuscated {basically just random letters changing randomly}
What you can do with the color codes is to make your plot's text stand out, and make everything look more appealing! It work with text variables and signs! If you ever need to look through them without looking at this post, open the Reference Book at the top of your inventory in code mode.

The way you use color codes is you put the code in front of whatever text you are trying to change!
For example: &nTest message would appear as Test message!

Last edited:

Qxeii

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
i mean this is cool but uh, you do know that... colour codes are in the referance book which you can get on df... right?

sekksy

Reaction score
it would be awesome if you would show which colors go well together, e.g. &3[&bHELPER&3]. very helpful for new players when creating good UIs, item lores, and signs

Wobber

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
i mean this is cool but uh, you do know that... colour codes are in the referance book which you can get on df... right?
I actually use this tutorial for when either a.) i only have build on a plot and i need to color code or b.) i'm in play on a plot where i only have play

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
i don't understand what's the point of this if you can just read the reference book

Reason

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You should state the difference between Color Codes and Formatting Codes. And say that you should use formatting codes after a color code and not the other way round.

Other than that, great tutorial.

Top Bottom