• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

DiamondFire Tokens FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the 5.3 "Particle and Vector" Update right around the corner, we are releasing the last important set of changes to Node Beta: Tokens and Prize Tickets. Changes are being made to the main currency that you earn and spend on DiamondFire, among changes to the Shop.

Untitled.png
DiamondFire Tokens are a new currency that will replace the old DiamondFire Credits as a way to unlock in-game cosmetic features and plot content as a reward for playing. In practice, very little will change in how you use Tokens compared to the old Credits. You slowly earn free Tokens by playing games and you may spend Tokens on items in the Shop that can be found in the lobby.

token_animation.gifOne Token is ten thousand times more valuable than one Credit. As a reference point, a Basic Plot which used to cost 500,000 Credits will now cost 50 Tokens instead. Due to this high value, you will not earn individual Tokens for playing games. Instead, you will earn progress towards the next Token. When you exit a game this progress is visualized in an animation, shown on the right. This row of ten notches represent your progress towards the next Token.

FAQ
What will happen to the Credits I own now?
Your Credits are automatically converted to Tokens at a conversion rate of 10,000 Credits for 1 Token.

I currently have 12048 Credits. Will 2048 of those credits be lost?
The remaining Credits that do not make a full Token will be converted into progress towards your next Token. No Credits will go to waste.

Should I wait with buying shop items until Tokens are released? Or, should I spend all my Credits now?
Neither waiting nor rushing to spend is necessary. Shop prices will be adjusted to match the new worth in Tokens.

Will my Shop purchases, such as cosmetics, pets and plots be transferred?
Yes. All the shop items you own that still exist in the new shop will be transferred.

What if a Shop item I owned was removed or made free in the update?
If a Shop item you owned is removed or made free in this update, you will be compensated with their worth in Tokens.

What if a Shop item I owned became relatively cheaper in the update?
If a Shop item you owned is cheaper in this update, you will be compensated with the difference in Tokens. If it became more expensive, lucky you.

Can I request to be compensated a Shop item's worth in the update instead of receiving it?
No, this is not an opportunity to refund any Shop items you have purchased.

Will my plots be affected in any way?
No.

Which genre of games generates the most tokens?
Any. The rate at which you earn tokens is now more fair across all genres of games, rather than being skewed towards movement-based games.

Can I earn Tokens by playing my own game?
When playing your own game you will earn Token progress at a reduced rate. This rate has been buffed from 25% to 50%.

How long does it take to get one Token?
The rate at which you earn Tokens will be roughly the same as the rate at which you would previously earn an equivalent amount of Credits. This means it will take around an hour of playing in total to earn a complete Token.

How expensive will Plot Advertisements be?
This is undecided as of now. It is likely that the average Plot Advertisement will cost you exactly one Token.

How will Boosters work now?
If you are playing a game while a Token Booster is active, you will earn double or triple the Token progress you would normally earn. A change that has been made is that whether a Token Booster is active when you exit the game does not determine the amount of token progress earned. Instead, it is based on how long you have been playing that game while a Token Booster was active.
Tipping a boosting player will reward both the boosting player and yourself with one Token Notch.

What is a Token Notch?
A Token Notch is one tenth of a Token. They are used to display your progress towards your next Token.

Do you earn Notches when playing games or is the progress more precise?
The actual progress you earn is highly precise. You do not earn whole Notches, they are only a visualization of your progress towards your next Token.

If you do not see the token progress animation after exiting a game, does that mean you did not earn any progress?
No, it means you did not earn enough progress to reach the next Token Notch. You will always earn some amount of progress when playing.

What is the motivation for reworking Credits into Tokens?
By deflating the main currency you earn and spend on DiamondFire, we hope to make this currency feel more interesting to players. Earning Credits could often feel meaningless because price points in the shop were tens of thousands of Credits apart. On the flipside, whenever you complete a Token, you will likely be able to unlock a new item in the Shop. Since completing a Token happens infrequently, this special moment may bring some happiness to players, especially to newer players who have yet to unlock many Shop items.

Will I still receive Creator Points when people play my plots?
You will receive Creator Points based on how long players have been actively playing your plot.

Are there any other changes to Creator Points?
There are not. Creator Point decay still exists, but it will now reward you with Token Progress.

Do you have any more questions? Feel free to ask them anywhere, and they may be added to this list.
Hopefully you are looking forward to this change and the 5.3 Update.

The Development team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom