• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

How do I make random custom death messages?

realRoforbYT

Forum adept
Reaction score
I want to add custom random death messages to Upgrade PvP but I don’t know how.

Solution
- Create a list named deathMessagesList when a player joins, and put every text variable in the chest that you want to use (write %killer and %victim instead of player names)
- On a player kill event, sort the list randomly and store the value at the first index of it in a variable (name it deathMessage for example), then send the variable to every player as a message
- Done

Jimmy_The_Knight

Reaction score
- Create a list named deathMessagesList when a player joins, and put every text variable in the chest that you want to use (write %killer and %victim instead of player names)
- On a player kill event, sort the list randomly and store the value at the first index of it in a variable (name it deathMessage for example), then send the variable to every player as a message
- Done

Last edited:
Solution

EvilsSouls

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
or if you want a death massage out of vanilla you can also get a game value, and in event values there is death massage, you could use it as a death massage, but i would do it fancyer by doing set var text, do completeDeathMassage in the chest, a text that has &4 or whatever you want it for a color to be, and after that the game value in the chest. Than send Massage all players and the var completeDeathMassage. That would do that always when a player dies (if you put it in player event death) than the vanilla massage would pop up in chat.

NOTE: For it to do it with all death do it in the player event death, and player kill player event

silvxrcat

Reaction score
- Done
or %index(deathMessagesList, 1)

Top Bottom