• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

How to change jump power

Eliaz12

Overlord
Reaction score
So i am making a game based off of jump power but i can't seem to find a way to change jump power anywhere. Am i not searching good enough or does this function not exist? -Eliaz12

Solution
Its a good idea but you can't make a variable control the power of a potion.
you can using:
1665923218114.png
to do it, in the first slot, put a variable (preferably a LOCAL one) and in the second slot put a jump boost potion with infinite duration and -255 amp (255 jump boost actually works as expected on diamondfire, so you will still be able to jump), and in the 3rd slot put your jump strength variable and it should work, -255 might be too low to increase it 1 at a time, -5 should also disable jumping, you can try till you get the best value you want.

pixlii

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
There is no jump power function. However, you can use Jump Boost as a potion effect to change how high people jump. Using high values (e.g. 255) for the amplifier will actually make players jump lower, if that's what you're going for.

Eliaz12

Overlord
Reaction score
There is no jump power function. However, you can use Jump Boost as a potion effect to change how high people jump. Using high values (e.g. 255) for the amplifier will actually make players jump lower, if that's what you're going for.

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
you can using:
1665923218114.png
to do it, in the first slot, put a variable (preferably a LOCAL one) and in the second slot put a jump boost potion with infinite duration and -255 amp (255 jump boost actually works as expected on diamondfire, so you will still be able to jump), and in the 3rd slot put your jump strength variable and it should work, -255 might be too low to increase it 1 at a time, -5 should also disable jumping, you can try till you get the best value you want.

Solution
Top Bottom