• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

My Mental Health

whatsdusty

Reaction score
This server is taking a big toll on my mental health recently. I keep coming back to it no matter how many times it hurts me.

I might quit. This is just something I'm considering; it may not actually happen. But at the moment I'm feeling like it may be the best option.

My mental health is something I haven't been taking care of recently, and I'm worried this server is pulling me back and bringing my focus away from it.

I'm not sure yet - this is again, just something I'm considering.

Just wanted to get this out there.

~ whatsdusty

homchom

Retired Dev
Overlord
Reaction score
I know how you feel. I've tried to leave several times and it never worked out. While maybe leaving would've been the right call, look at how things turned out for me. Maybe we keep coming back because DF brings us a lot of joy, which outweighs the mental health toll.

My point is that you should do whatever you feel you need to do, but consider that if you can find a way to exist on DF happily, it might be the best case scenario. It has taken me a long time to find that way; I'm still learning and improving. And know that we appreciate you here. Hopefully this helps.

Wobber

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Taking breaks is an important step for everything. It's okay to leave DF. Take as much time as you need for your mental state to get better.

Top Bottom