• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Discussion Player Generated Content: What makes it so popular?

DogWithHats

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Hey!
This question has bothered me for a while now. What exactly is it that makes
player generated content/user generated content games so popular? I figured that since the entire point of DF was to make your own games, this would be the right place to ask. What do you enjoy about being able to make your own games? What do you dislike about it?

Last edited:

RyanLand

Overlord
Reaction score
Hey!
This question has bothered me for a while now. What exactly is it that makes
player generated content/user generated content games so popular? I figured that since the entire point of DF was to make your own games, this would be the right place to ask. What do you enjoy about being able to make your own games? What do you dislike about it?
You can get instant feedback

Trench_Toast

Reaction score
Being able to create a project of your own is an intrinsically fascinating experience, though for many creators becomes tiresome and arduous. Programs and games that help to simplify the creative process are so widely sought after because they provide a simple outlet for building and presenting your creations.

For me, I love to see how my experiments play out. I do a lot of smaller ones and fiddle around with them to try and match how I picture them in my head. It can often be difficult, and even with simplifying tools it can be demotivating over time.

To answer your question, I think a lot of it comes down to it being a social experiment. People like to see how they perform and like to get involved in a competitive yet encouraging field for art, to find ways to grow in artistic expression. Games like in the sandbox genre are a great way to facilitate it.

leonardo101b

Reaction score
I am a LUA programmer and that means i can make games! i love making them, sharing them and just trying them out. but with LUA there isnt really that much to do. you can make garry's mod or half life mods. create roblox games and etc. but making them IN MINECRAFT with DIAMONDFIRE is a lot fun! i like making games as much as i like making them. seeing your creation grow and get better is like watching someone grow!. i love it, And i want to share it to other people to show the creation that i worked hard on! and probably other people have the same idea as me. hope this helped :)

Top Bottom