• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Remove the jukebox gadget

Remove the jukebox gadget?

• Total voters

shiverdog

Reaction score
Remove the jukebox gadget. It's very exasperating and makes the average player slightly infuriated. As apart of the community, it is my duty to do my part in restoring the peace of the node spawns.

Why?
I(shiverdog) abhor the jukebox gadget, it is undoubtably one of the less versatile gadgets. It is incredibly intrusive and honestly isn't that impressive. It ruins the peace and tranquility of node spawns.

Ethics.
While the server does need to make money, there are plenty of other things that require ranks, and probably some things that don't require ranks that could be changed to require one. I doubt anyone would purchase the rank just to make use of the jukebox gadget.

Consideration.
It appears at least 6 other server members have affirmed they would desire this change, and as a player, so do I.

When?
Preferably, if it's not in the next update (major or minor), which it really should be, it comes within the next FEW updates. Getting rid of the irksome jukebox gadget should be, in my opinion, one of the top priorities of the server.
he start the loader ;-;,

shiverdog

Reaction score
This is completely serious. I do not want 1 joke in the comments section.

Not one, you hear me?

stinkey

Forum adept
Reaction score
I(StinkEyeCookie) am in firm agreement, forum user "shiverdog," quote unquote "Active member." Removing the gadget we(the developers of the DiamondFire community) know as the "Jukebox" will greatly impact performance and efficiency in a positive manner.

However, since you(shiverdog) have already given such an incredible and irrefutable list of reasons as to why the Jukebox gadget should be removed, deleted, and in all fashions and manners erased, I(StinkEyeCookie) will not give further explanation as you(shiverdog)r argument is satisfactory and needing no more additional information to be considered a valid and strong statement.

On the topic of the removal of certain features, I(StinkEyeCookie) would, however, like to address one matter which I(StinkEyeCookie) believe also needs to be dealt with:

The common practice known as "softcoding" is to be stopped and halted, completely.

When one refers to this "softcoding," one generally intends to describe the practice of developing programs in such a matter so that redundant, repetitive, and otherwise unnecessary code is eliminated through the usage of systems where data is stored externally, in a collection of variables or in barrels, as opposed to "hardcoding," where every possible scenario is explicitly coded into the program, often to the point of extreme repitition: you(the reader) may see why this practice of "softcoding" is able to garner such popularity and common usage. Truly, yes, indeed, very much so, this is often, in many cases and situations, a beneficial practice, capable of increasing code maintainability and developer productivity and efficiency. However, as one might not realize, there are certain critical issues, more specifically two of them, regarding the attitude and fervor surrounding this concept of "softcoding," to the point of worship, in the manner of a cult.

Of these issues, I(StinkEyeCookie) would like to mention and discuss in depth the first of them, namely the fact that in many cases and scenarios, this form of code structure, coding practice, and train of thought is unncessary, not mandated by law, of needless application. Several games have been developed in DiamondFire, and of these games, I(StinkEyeCookie) find this especially true and resonant in games smaller in size and complexity, which are oftentimes created by developers who are new, inexperienced, or otherwise not yet on par with the programmers of modern times. It is my(StinkEyeCookie) belief that we(the developers of the DiamondFire coding system, not to be confused with the developers of plots hosted on the server of DiamondFire; nor is this mentioning myself, as one may be led to believe due to the ambiguity of the usage of the word "we") should, in no manner, and never, not in any future that may take place or occur, avoid, dodge, or prevent the addition of certain QOL (also written QoL, an acronym meaning "Quality of life," often used to describe features or tools intended to streamline user experience) features, such as codeblocks, commands, et cetera, merely for the simple and basic, even trivial reason of the notion that in a game "properly" or "correctly" coded these features that may help those not pose as useful to one well-versed in game development. As for the second point, due to the fact that it does not apply or relate specifically or is of great relevance to this conversation, though I(StinkEyeCookie) do indeed frequently notice and observe the mentioning of this topic during outside conversations in which I have partaken, or, even, not so, so I(StinkEyeCooke) will thus state and describe, and criticize: many of the developers on this server, DiamondFire, take this practice of softcoding much too far, to the point of detriment, almost exaggeratedly, like a parody or satire.

Over the course of my many years of participating in this server's community, I(StinkEyeCookie) have watched as many developers, on their games, plots, or on others' plots, do the most insane of actions. These actions are indescribable (however, to reinforce my point, I have indeed managed to describe them) and utterly ridiculous, inane even, so mad, silly, and quite frankly stupid that they take on the appearance of the clown; they become metaphorical circuses, figurative jesters, comedians comic comical and comedic. Of these things I have so painfully observed, helpless, some include the spawning or loading of items, oftentimes on the ground, floor, or some other surface, to load and parse data or information that may be used and manipulated elsewhere in the program, and other silly actions; extreme "softcoding" and whatnot. I(StinkEyeCookie) must honestly say, in all frankness, that this is not good, helpful, nor beneficial to the efficiency, productivity, performance, and most definitely not the sanity of the developer. Do not, never, ever, not in any event under any circumstance, sacrifice the legibility, readability, and other vital aspects of the program such as efficiency or performance, simply because of the mere misguidance that is softcoding, believed, wished to be believed to cause the experience of coding to be easier or faster. Immolation of one's mental stability does not lead to inspiration and revelation. In the field of computing and computer programming, there is a delicate and careful balance between having well-designed, easy to maintain, and efficient code. Of the many ways to achieve this balance, not all involve the practice of softcoding. Softcoding is not the sole path to efficient coding and productivity as there are many other equally, if not more so viable solutions. So, please, I(StinkEyeCookie) beg of you(the reader), I(StinkEyeCookie) truly beg of you(the reader), please, oh please just keep in mind the aspects and core elements of the systems, programs, games, and other projects you(the reader) may be working on or developing and designing, and take the time to reflect on and think about whether or not any of the practices, paradigms, or mottos you may recite inside your mind truly and in stark reality improve anything or benefit you in any way.

Too long; did not read: the idea of being better, elite, higher or elevated, or in other words elitism through "better practice" and, or alternatively, softcoding, does not truly create a positive or beneficial effect, oftentimes, in many situations and scenarios not the correct, right, or best answer or solution to a problem one may encounter during the development experience.

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
get real
so you are making a statement of that the ones the code the coding Minecraft server known as "DiamondFire" which are known as "devs" have created a fun item which is known as "Gadget" that has no use (useless) and just used their time for nothing (wasted their time)!?

Top Bottom