• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Better discord integration

FireIceGaming13

Overlord
Reaction score
Idk how this would work, but basically, you would be able to read discord commands or get discord messages, with code. This could be useful for plot and discord communication, so you can talk to ppl playing your games, or have discord commands that kick players from your plot if they are griefing while you not online, or maybe even cross-plot communication.

I think this could be a cool concept, especially since we can already send discord messages with code.

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
cross-plot communication.
they (the devs) do not want that, they don't want any data from outside to get into the plot (besides maps and heads cuz you cant really use them to get plain data)

FireIceGaming13

Overlord
Reaction score
they (the devs) do not want that, they don't want any data from outside to get into the plot (besides maps and heads cuz you cant really use them to get plain data)
Aw... That would create so many possibilities tho. I guess that's fair if they don't want that tho.

PhoenixFire18

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Idk how this would work, but basically, you would be able to read discord commands or get discord messages, with code. This could be useful for plot and discord communication, so you can talk to ppl playing your games, or have discord commands that kick players from your plot if they are griefing while you not online, or maybe even cross-plot communication.

I think this could be a cool concept, especially since we can already send discord messages with code.
no

pixlii

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
i totally respect their decision but why is that?

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
i totally respect their decision but why is that?
So you don't do "Get 10000 gold on this plot and get the ultimate armor on Plot 69" or smth similar

Ashli

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Aw... That would create so many possibilities tho. I guess that's fair if they don't want that tho.
Being able to receive data from web servers is cool, but is it really that useful outside of gimmick plots?

pixlii

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Being able to receive data from web servers is cool, but is it really that useful outside of gimmick plots?
i can think of some uses, such as being able to send a player skin to a website, have that website modify it, and send it back and set it to the players skin

Ashli

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
i can think of some uses, such as being able to send a player skin to a website, have that website modify it, and send it back and set it to the players skin
That's certainly a use, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really do much for the plot.

pixlii

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
That's certainly a use, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really do much for the plot.
i feel like that shouldn't really be a reason to not accept a suggestion tho. there are many features that don't have many uses in df, and yet they are still there and used. why should it be different for this?

Ashli

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
i feel like that shouldn't really be a reason to not accept a suggestion tho. there are many features that don't have many uses in df, and yet they are still there and used. why should it be different for this?
Never said it wasn't a reason to not accept, simply stating that there's pretty much no practical use cases.

superbaconbro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
So you don't do "Get 10000 gold on this plot and get the ultimate armor on Plot 69" or smth similar
the plot centipede.
Honestly, good way to do like events or something but thats basically about it besides cheeky excuses to keep the player on your plots. makes it tedious and kinda boring.
Maybe if a code block redirected you to another plot or something that the owner has but that'll be (i think) hard to implement and would run into the same problems... It'd probably be only useful for events...

Top Bottom