• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Block data

chickn_fries

Reaction score
I am wanting to give blocks a cooldown before they can be broken, but I have yet to figure out how to store and retrieve custom data with each block. Therefore I am in need of help, anything is helpful.

Tl: DR how do I store custom data in blocks?

JustImagineIt

Reaction score
Even if you could give blocks custom data, I don't think you can target blocks at all. At least, I haven't found a way to cancel pistons without just banning them. If the blocks don't move around, you could create a %default dictionary, or you could use a repeat loop after mining.

If mine -> do normal thing -> set dict entry CanMineAtLocation false -> wait x time -> set dict entry CanMineAtLocation true

chickn_fries

Reaction score
Even if you could give blocks custom data, I don't think you can target blocks at all. At least, I haven't found a way to cancel pistons without just banning them. If the blocks don't move around, you could create a %default dictionary, or you could use a repeat loop after mining.

If mine -> do normal thing -> set dict entry CanMineAtLocation false -> wait x time -> set dict entry CanMineAtLocation true
Thanks for the feedback, il try it and see if I can make it work.

Top Bottom