• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

disable chat reporting or at least don't enforce it

CheaterTim

Overlord
Reaction score
being banned form discord is enough for me I don't want to be banned from minecraft as well (y)

edit: it looks like df is running 1.19(.0) which does not include chat reporting, however when df switches to the next major version of minecraft, this won't matter and chat reporting will exist, and iirc jere did say that it will be enabled

Last edited:

ImaLEAF

Forum adept
Emperor
Reaction score
chat reporting will not work because rank prefixes

Speeder323

Forum adept
Reaction score
being banned form discord is enough for me I don't want to be banned from minecraft as well
maybe just don't say stuff that will get you banned lol
yea idk what you want me to say here, if you're saying stuff bad enough to get you banned from Minecraft then I don't think you should be on DF anyways.

ImaLEAF

Forum adept
Emperor
Reaction score
maybe just don't say stuff that will get you banned lol
yea idk what you want me to say here, if you're saying stuff bad enough to get you banned from Minecraft then I don't think you should be on DF anyways.
hey the first link in your signature doesnt work

CheaterTim

Overlord
Reaction score
my concern are false bans and exploits

Speeder323

Forum adept
Reaction score
false bans
the devs see no proof of such things just happening, and well honestly me neither
you'd have to be dissing someone to death
gaslight v3 needs a plugin on the server to basically lie to the player that the server uses some sort of nochatreports mod but in fact keeps the signatures anyway for the person to later utilize in their report, the player being completely unaware that their messages were still reportable even though it looked like they were not.

so because of this, df keeping chat reports enabled actually increases security against such exploits, since you know that gaslight v3 cannot be used here

PhoenixFire18

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
being banned form discord is enough for me I don't want to be banned from minecraft as well (y)

edit: it looks like df is running 1.19(.0) which does not include chat reporting, however when df switches to the next major version of minecraft, this won't matter and chat reporting will exist, and iirc jere did say that it will be enabled
Just don’t use chat. 😎

Top Bottom