• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

How to give players random items

stinkey

Forum adept
Reaction score
You should have used local variables. Also, considering this is a tutorial, better variable naming (ie changing the variable name to "random item") would definitely help the viewer actually understand what is happening.

MyDad_Is_Awesome

Reaction score
You should have used local variables. Also, considering this is a tutorial, better variable naming (ie changing the variable name to "random item") would definitely help the viewer actually understand what is happening.
Ty for the suggestion, I'll remake the video. The only reason I made the video was to test how well resolve (editing software) runs on my new pc. (:

SamMan_

Forum adept
Reaction score
i dont think in this case there's any particular reason here to use a local variable?

bumpy

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
The tutorial is also quite fast-paced, and considering the concept of the video is incredibly basic; generally, newer players who don't fully understand the coding system would watch it.

stinkey

Forum adept
Reaction score
i dont think in this case there's any particular reason here to use a local variable?
edge case scenarios where two players execute code at the same time and the variables are swapped
this isnt a great example of where that could happen but given the vague variable name (could be used elsewhere) and just general good practice it would be good to make it a local variable

Top Bottom