• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

/plot rent [username]

blazebeckett

Reaction score
Gives Someone The Plot Your In They Become The Owner And You Lose Ownership But If You Had A Rank In That Plot And You Rent It To Someone They Can Use The Rank Only In That Plot

Daandar

Overlord
Reaction score
you give your plot to someone else and they can use your rank? really?

zoomneon

Overlord
Reaction score
I don't think this would be possible, i'm not an admin or anything but i can sorta figure out why they haven't introduced and don't have plans to.

1. Diamondfire is a smaller server than other servers like Hypixel that make loads of money and they want to still earn some revenue from the server rather than people put up a plot ad as a overlord and give people with no rank a overlord plot.

2. This could easily break the servers and cost quite a bit of fps, depending on the strength of the server as they would have to monetise who is the main owner (person who rented the plot to them) and the 2nd owner (person who rents the plot), and they would have to implement a system to take back a plot which i imagine would be quite the struggle on fps and also roll back recent changes.

3. People could abuse the system and do a plot ad for "Free overlord plot rent" and easily once someone has made a full game cancel the rent and just take the game, so they would have to make a roll back changes when you cancel a plot rent which could date back months of time, and would have a lot of data to store in the server considering the amount this server has increased in code blocks and data storing for probably over 100,000 plots. As mentioned in the last reason, it would take up a lot of data and cause quite a bit of server lag.

So i'm not so sure they will be adding this soon or in the future.
:)

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
3. People could abuse the system and do a plot ad for "Free overlord plot rent" and easily once someone has made a full game cancel the rent and just take the game,
Your points are very good, one note tho fake giveaways are against the rules

blazebeckett

Reaction score
I don't think this would be possible, i'm not an admin or anything but i can sorta figure out why they haven't introduced and don't have plans to.

1. Diamondfire is a smaller server than other servers like Hypixel that make loads of money and they want to still earn some revenue from the server rather than people put up a plot ad as a overlord and give people with no rank a overlord plot.

2. This could easily break the servers and cost quite a bit of fps, depending on the strength of the server as they would have to monetise who is the main owner (person who rented the plot to them) and the 2nd owner (person who rents the plot), and they would have to implement a system to take back a plot which i imagine would be quite the struggle on fps and also roll back recent changes.

3. People could abuse the system and do a plot ad for "Free overlord plot rent" and easily once someone has made a full game cancel the rent and just take the game, so they would have to make a roll back changes when you cancel a plot rent which could date back months of time, and would have a lot of data to store in the server considering the amount this server has increased in code blocks and data storing for probably over 100,000 plots. As mentioned in the last reason, it would take up a lot of data and cause quite a bit of server lag.

So i'm not so sure they will be adding this soon or in the future.
:)
good point tbh its just kinda hard to change a plot that someone gave to you seeing as you cant change many things or use /plot ad

zoomneon

Overlord
Reaction score
good point tbh its just kinda hard to change a plot that someone gave to you seeing as you cant change many things or use /plot ad
Yea the funny thing is i saw someone playing on a plot called "Plot rented to (someone's username i cant remember)" AFTER I saw this forum post.
Although if Diamondfire do add this feature, they probably would give access to all the plot commands like /plot ad, /plot name, /plot varpurge, /plot clear, etc.
But I do not have a feeling they would add this feature anytime soon or in the future, sorry.

poggingfish

Reaction score
You do know that multiple people can build/code on the same plot right? what is the point of this?

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
You do know that multiple people can build/code on the same plot right? what is the point of this?
i think to allow other people to give perms to other people on your plot (cuz like you are the only that's able to add devs on your plot and stuff)

xmap

Support staff
Support
Reaction score
Gives Someone The Plot Your In They Become The Owner And You Lose Ownership But If You Had A Rank In That Plot And You Rent It To Someone They Can Use The Rank Only In That Plot
People would definitely use alts to give themselves plots, a better idea is just an option to give whitelist permission or something.

Top Bottom