• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Quitting

ShadowyLord

Reaction score
I've decided that I'm going to quit df, I'm really unhappy with the direction its taking. Never thought I'd be making this announcement and no this probably isn't forever, but I am not going to be playing on DiamondFire for a long time. DiamondFire has been a MASSIVE part of my life ever since I joined in July of 2016. I have made so many friends and made so many games. I just want to say thank you to anyone who has supported me and a big thank you to the amazing admins and devs who I really looked up to. And to that kid out there who might be really bad at coding but loves the server so much as I did in my early days, just hang in there. You might get discouraged from time to time but you will learn and get better and maybe even become support someday as I did. Once again I will most likely return sometime next year or late this year when my life isn't in such shambles, but seriously this server has meant the world to me over the past years and helped me through some hard times. I also want to give a special and more personal thank you to a few people. First off, ToasterLag, thank you soo much for being there and sitting on voice calls with me every night for those couple of months last year, you are a great friend and I loved your insane support. Thank you to GalaxyDimensions, super funny and charismatic guy, you have been an amazing friend. Thank you to sludsVEVO, you were a huge inspiration for me and I loved seeing you progress through staff, the first time we VCed I was fangirling pretty hard XD. And lastly, I want to thank ADumbChicken one of my first friends from DiamondFire that I talked to regularly and who I really enjoyed playing other games with, he is a super smart and fun person to talk to. There are so many more people I wish I could thank but this thing is pretty long already, thank you to everyone. I don’t find it very fun anymore. It’s kinda just devolved into a place of arguing, not a place to make games. I might log on from time to time but I don’t know, I’m dealing with a lot of issues in my life and I feel like diamondfire isn’t helping me as it used to. It’s not really out of any aggravation or hatred, i just don’t find it fun anymore. only time will tell me how I feel about it, I guess.
i'm not really leaving just taking a break from df there are just not any fun games anymore, i also have school starting and i get bored of the df coding system ever since i learned python and go i'll still be in the discord and be part of the community i'll be in events and play time to time i'll always be happy to help, play or test or anything if you need me or want to! here is some memorable moments and screenies i took over time, love y'all
2020-09-05_23.41.05_1599342166.png
2020-07-15_00.26.11_1599342332.png
Right now there’s only 2 good games. Also it seems like diamondfire has gotten toxic again! Remember why I quit last time? The servers toxicity caught up to me and I’m dealing with arguments all the time!!! I’m tired of it! I’m a human being too! I have to deal with this lockdown and lots of things I was looking forward to this year are ruined! And now this servers bad again!Today I had to deal with stupid trolls harassing me over freaking DUCKS! We signed a treaty for a joke plot to not discriminate ducks, but this one little idiot hole decided to keep spamming to ban me and someone else from this plot or thry would “show their wrath” being like “BAN PYROCINDERACE! BANISH HIM!” And drove me to mad and some stupid snitch decided to snitch!!! I’m tired of this joke of a server. This got into a rant, right from my heart. I’m taking a good break from this stupid server. Don’t expect to see me that often, I’m prob not gonna return until 5.2 is out. Now what is out now? ME!
Hello everyone. You may not know me (because most people of the old community have quit D:), but I am NoahLikesPi. I was promoted to jr about 13 months ago, and I have been demoted on the 15th of April 2020. Video about that can be found [here](Coming Soon). I was a pretty inactive staff if I say so myself, I managed to rake in [REDACTED] support sessions (9 away from Emeritus).

The only real thing I want to mention here are the reasons of why I am quitting, at the same time problems with DF that are a problem in my opinion.

Some have probably noticed I haven't been on in like, 2 months. Shortly after my demotion. Before I get into it, I'm sorry that this thread doesnt really have much passion, this is because of the rules.

Talking of rules, that is our first point.

- df rules
rules are so messed up. You can't really have a good time. On minecraft, rules are ok, because there's young people on there. For discord.. Discord is 13+. Probably more than half of the people in the DF discord are under 13, but that's not the problem of DF. You cant have a normal chat. I am admin in another discord that has a bit below 5k members last time I checked, and of course gore/NSFW isnt allowed. Swearing without insulting is allowed. Insulting while joking and the user being "insulted" is also allowed. On DF, this is not allowed for some reason. Any 13+ should be able to handle this? You cant have a good time chat, like saying "that thing is f-ing great" (Yep cant say that here bcs of this). Or recently, I tried to google an invite link to a discord server someone told me about. And the SEO was a bit weird, which is fine. It came up with search results leading to p***hub. This isnt allowed allowed for some reason (only showing the name not even content?).

But with this out of the way, if df wants to keep these rules, that's ok. but, then ENFORCE THEM.

There aren't enough (active) moderators. When online on DF itself, they are doing an excellent job, but when they aren't things just aren't handled. And the server doesnt have an anti cheat. Hackers come. And not a VPN blocker. Marcus aka MR. The argument is lots of people use VPN but sacrifices need to be made? H*pix*l also has a vpn blocker.

On the discord it's just horrible. Also not enough active mods, but there isnt really any experienced discord mod. Its not the same as minecraft moderating. No offense to the mods, there isnt anyone training you to help mod the discord server. Response times are also bad. And when they are online they simply aren't strict enough. Warns are hardly given, neither are other sorts of punishments. Only verbal warns, meme mutes and message deletes are occasionally given.

- updates
Let's face it. Updates on DF are hella inconsistent. This is because Jeremy isnt working on DF a lot, and I think this is because he doesnt have a lot of time, because otherwise I think he would be coding to make more buck with df. That's fine. But if your making a lot of money, make sure there are devs. Sander and K_Sasha are excellent developers he's got, and they work on df a lot. of course they want to take free time, but I honestly think they deserve a paycheck. Either a small bonus every now and then or a small monthly payment. Via PayPal F&F. This would help I think, and also hire more devs. Only one person being paid in such a reasonably big cooperation also gets you a bit of a greedy image imo.

- quits
I am not sure how df can fix this but they should really look into it. A LOT of good people have quit df lately. Big and small.
- homchom isnt included because he still plays
- Owen1212055, session drug addict lmao
- Sans, sans undertale
- SamMan_, literally a gamer
- LooserRIP, smells bad
- Tomoli75, Freaking had custom villagers in a survival
- Ottelino, gambled his business away
- MAXimumPain, a very good mod with great personality [makes too many escapists]
- and a lot of other people that are from the df generation before me, and from the little that I know them they are great

- to the people
To the people that are currently creating games on DF.. Do your ultimate best. As you get better, you can make better and better games and dont give up. The best games are unfinished. Dont be one of those. You will be rewarded with amazing numbers (I think). But no matter what A TRASH SURVIVAL WILL STEAL YOUR PLACE.
There are also some people in df (of the old community) that I hate. Yep. I hate them. You probably know when you are one of them. If you want to know what I like and dislike about you, or want to know if you are one of the hated ones, private message me on discord (Dont be afraid lol). I'll tell you.

- so now why am I quitting?
I might come back in the future, but not as staff (even if I get the opportunity). I'd like to be event helper but I dont think I'll get that either. I am quitting because I honestly dont like the community of DF anymore. And I'm not enjoying it anymore. I've been working on other, real projects now.

Thank you for reading. Goodbye.

Attachments

• 2020-07-15_00.26.11_1599342332.png
    2020-07-15_00.26.11_1599342332.png
    501.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 2020-09-05_23.41.05_1599342166.png
    2020-09-05_23.41.05_1599342166.png
    807.6 KB · Views: 2

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
First Huhuu_, now you? It is sad to see you go, goodbye!

Huhuu

Reaction score
damn bro you too? cant believe we are losing you

anatevka

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
Miss you dude, it's been pretty great

Wobber

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score

qorple

Reaction score
damn bro you too? can't believe we are losing you

bumpy

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
good.
i'm glad you're leaving.
The screenshots are from orebons leaving message and the last couple of paragraphs are NoahLikesPI’s rant. Can you puzzle the pieces together?

bumpy

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Please keep in mind that necroposting is against the rules.

Top Bottom