• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Singleplayer & Saving parameters

junpei

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to the server and these things confuse me. How do you make a singleplayer game? And what about variables that are different to each player, for example, their strength level, class or position and how do you save them? I thought of making a saved dictionary (if there is such a thing) that would contain the nickname of the player and the needed value, but are there any more efficient options?

chadulous__

Overlord
Reaction score
you could make a saved dict called '%default save'
or each var respectively '%deafault class', '%default position' '%default strength'

chadulous__

Overlord
Reaction score
you could make a saved dict called '%default save'
or each var respectively '%deafault class', '%default position' '%default strength'
what you could do is make a player forever loop With a control wait where the variables are being set when they update

Jeremaster

Owner
Owner
Reaction score
In any text or variable name, there are selectors such as %default, %uuid, %damager, which substitute the name/UUID of certain targets such as players or entities. A variable named "%default score" could store a score for each player. To designate a variable as saved, hold the variable item and shift + right-click until the scope is changed to "SAVE".

Unless you want to limit your plot to one player at a time, there is no concept of a singleplayer game in DiamondFire. However, players have used a number of techniques to create singleplayer experiences; depending on the type of game you're looking to build, options can include putting each player in their own area (often referred to as "pods"), hiding other players, and/or displaying client-side blocks per-player.

Top Bottom