• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Suggestion - W/E for No-Ranks

TheExtremeBurger

Notorious member
Reaction score
Ever since CommandGeek made the Youtube Video, a lot of new players have been joining the server. Now with so many people without a rank, there is more of a need to address my thoughts about how they should at least get some form of World Edit.

My proposal is that people without a rank still have some World Edit. Obviously it will be limited, but it is still better than nothing.

Just some ideas on why it would be good:
- WE is really useful because it saves a lot of time
- WE is easier to use than building and using Game Action: Set Region, and is much faster than both
- No ranked WE would be more limited than Ranked WE and Set Region, so it still encourages people to consider buying a rank, using Set Region or creating a custom, less limited World Edit via code
- Has the //undo feature. Game Action: Set Region doesn't have this, so making a mistake with w/e is much less damaging than making a mistake with Set Region
- New players won't have to always ask for Ranked Players to do W/E for them. It allows for more independence, but doesn't entirely discourage asking because ranked users have less limitations on W/E
- W/E has a lot of cool commands, like //cyl that is harder to replicate by building manually or coding it

I hope this could be considered, because there is so much of a need for World Edit for everyone. Its a pain without it, and you probably can understand without having me to explain lol

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Do you understand the lag we would have? I am perfectly fine with the current limits, noble isn't too expensive either...

TheExtremeBurger

Notorious member
Reaction score
I dont think it would cause that much lag. Not everyone will do it at the same time, and the W/E they would have wouldn't allow them to do large regions that would lag the entire server. Also I feel bad for the nons because W/E is such a life safer ;(

1pe

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
As stated above lag would be a somewhat of an issue. Also W/E is a big incentive to buy a rank. Making W/E a free feature would essentially hurt the possible income made from DF which is needed now due to the upgraded server size and a new node. Finally having to use setRegion is a good way of players learning how the DF code works

DogWithHats

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
W/E is already pretty easy to recreate, for the most part. I'd agree with giving non-ranked players access to //fixlighting (mainly because lighting glitches are the bane of my very existence), but again, as stated, WorldEdit is one of the main incentives, aside from new codeblocks and NB if you're a masochist, to buy a rank.

EmeralDev

Forum adept
Reaction score
i can think of instances where once person with world edit has crashed nodes either on purpose or entirely on accident. I can assume that with how the servers are doing right now (sitting at around 10tps), adding world edit for nons would not be a good idea.

Top Bottom