• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

the frog retires

froggy

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
only rly writing this so I don't have to explain why I retired every time I'm asked lol

so yeah, I retired from support/expert. here's why. I don't enjoy sessions anymore, which I assumed was burnout at first, but after it stayed consistent for months, I realized that I just wasn't enjoying them, not that I was burnt out. my coding ability has also diminished drastically over the past year, which makes me unfit for the role imo. I've also found other hobbies and interests that I want to focus on for the time being, such as speedrunning (currently a mod for many hypixel speedrun boards as well as a supermod for df's speedrunning boards).

I've also overall gotten pretty sick of myself and my friends being harassed just for my existence. the whole "frog bog bad, frogqy bad" thing gets old really quick, especially when I've explained countless times that there's no 'conspiracy' in the server, so I quit a high staff position to hopefully stop the stupid controversies surrounding my position.

I've also got a lot of stuff going on personally that I wouldn't like to touch on in too much detail here but I'll give a brief highlight: mega stress from everything lol.

overall, I still really enjoy the position of expert, but I don't think I'm fit for it and don't want to do sessions. if there was a supervising role similar to expert without the need for sessions and the such, I'd take it in a heartbeat lol.

I'm not done with df and I'm not done with being staff. df-wise, I'll still be playing on the server just as much. I'll still be managing the speedrunning leaderboards. I'll still hang out w/ ppl from the server on and off of it. staff-wise, if I ever intend on unretiring, it won't be until next year. I'll also be applying for jrmod again when those applications open up again, so I'm not entirely done with staff, just kinda bored of support stuff.

that's basically it, thank you all for the opportunity to be a significant member of the community over these years <3

1pe

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
This is so sad I am crying😭

D

Deleted member 26

My fellow Expert twin, it has been a pleasure with you on the staff team.

Good luck on your future endeavors!!

Expert twin till end ✊ 😔

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
Thanks for your time here as a staff member, and all of the work that you put into making the server an awesome place with your help, and good luck with your future endeavors!

Jeremaster

Owner
Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for being a great Expert frogqy! Though it's sad to see you retire, I support your decision and am glad to hear you'll still be around on DiamondFire. You've really helped improve this community both in your staff role and outside of it, and I look forward to seeing your influence continue in your (hopefully relaxing and enjoyable!) retirement.

LooserRIP

Notorious member
Overlord
Reaction score
Completely understandable and grounded reason to leave the team. Good luck with your future endeavors and just know you left a big impact on the server & community.

endersaltz

Reaction score
well, sad to see you go, but you still can't get rid of me :)

Max

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
so sadqy.. frogqy leavqy :sobqy:

Top Bottom