• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

the problem with world plots

ImaLEAF

Forum adept
Emperor
Reaction score
"this also allows us to have players play on separate copies of a plot" - Owen

im gonna use the example of my leafblock because
ye

so we have 2 variants of how will this work

1. each plot copy has the same build as the others
then I will be able to grief island Sun's island from another plot copy and she will be unable to stop me because I am basically on another server. and if she will be able to interact with me, this will make plot copies useless

2. Each plot copy has it's own build by players
this variant is just bad, because you can write a script for blockcheck:
if there is an oak plank at that location, use skyminer process
if there is a birch plank at that location, use kitpvp process
...and I can make the location unreachable by Sun, meaning that she can't destroy that block and ruin the script.

so
first variant makes plot copies useless and second variant allows you to dupe plots
Your turn.

keep in mind that Sunvortex is a fictional character
and yes, i enjoyed ruining the idea of world plots

Last edited:

ImaLEAF

Forum adept
Emperor
Reaction score
Update: I think plot will need to be popular to unlock copying, but this means someone needs to do it manually. And, there's still a chance someone will use this dupe (glitch? exploit? how do I ever call this) if the plot is popular, because of how easy is it to make something popular nowadays. Untrusted person can easily get bonus plot using this. And, I have no idea how to fix that.

Jeremaster

Owner
Owner
Reaction score
World plots are not currently being worked on. As for this concern however, if a game requires a shared, editable world where users make changes that are persisted across play sessions, it will not be eligible for the multiple-copies (we call it "plot multiverse") feature. This is because it's simply not possible given that set of constraints. Note that "pod"-based games, where players edit separate worlds that are not necessarily shared (think skyblock), may still be able to use this feature, but for players to edit the same "pod", they would need to be on the same server (so the problem you mentioned does not occur).

ImaLEAF

Forum adept
Emperor
Reaction score
but for players to edit the same "pod", they would need to be on the same server
Then you still can place oak or birch plank in unreachable "pod"
And as I explained, this unlocks plot duplication.

Edit: sorry, i understood. Survival games can't be duplicated. Thanks for your answer.

Last edited:

SamMan_

Forum adept
Reaction score
you get your own kitpvp world but nobody else can join it :(

Top Bottom