• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

To you forum enthusiasts

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
2-years.png

hihi, just wanted to pop in and say yo because it was the new forum's (XenForo) two-year anniversary on Tuesday. I wanted to dedicate this post as a thank you note, and information about where it may go next. I made sure to account for future trophies in the long run, so a new trophy should hopefully be getting applied to everyone who joined around this time span of hitting the 2-year mark. If you do not get a trophy on your second year of registration, contact support @ the ticket area.

I wanted to personally post this to thank you all a bunch for the feedback, bug reports, suggestions, and help over these years with making this website a safe and fun place to be. with the community's help, we've been able to really push the website state into a good direction thanks to all of you, and it wouldn't be this way without all of you! with the community standing up and reporting content, we've been able to take down hundreds of bad-acting malicious accounts, and I can confidently speak for the team that we deeply appreciate that support. I quietly started a little program when I was an admin to reward those who help us out with these things, so a huge shoutout to @ARMcPro for being a huge help for keeping the community safe by reporting malicious content; they were given a trophy earlier on for their time and efforts, and more trophies may be given out if they recognize your work in helping take down bad actors; someone will need to take over. I saved some of my work here as a reference to help others, like CSS, so maybe I'll finish the 2-year awaiting dark theme that still wasn't finished, sorry about thatt.

on a final note, I've given an extensive roadmap to the team covering ideas, a to-do list, and configurations and I have high hopes that the team will do an amazing job for the future to come, especially with new devs and admins; there are some great minds on the team! I want to keep this post short, but thank you for the awesome support, and for those who helped me endlessly test things, and thank you for those who helped me internally with the website within the events team in terms of managing different forum sections for major events. and more importantly, thank you guys for being awesome and keeping it a safe place to be... whether there's a bit of traffic on this website or not, your good deeds have likely saved countless people from making a mistake by clicking a malicious URL; I looked at the ban and punishment records on the panel before I left, and this is really why I'm posting this - you all seriously helped us remove a massive portion of spam and bots, and the number of accounts is insane. while we would have seen this eventually, you content reporters allowed us to act sooner. and while we put on extra security later on (reCAPTCHA v2) which helped throttle the influx, the accounts that were reported that got through verification ended up helping us immensely with taking them down, even in such a small-time frame, so thank you for keeping the community a safe place to be 🖤

will be logging out for a while, just wanted to remember to send this, keep it real!

Last edited:

Prox

Reaction score
Forum Enthusiast: The newest kit on Milwer Kit PvP II 2.

Top Bottom