• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

A Glimmer in Hope | DF Presidential Election

froggy

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
Hello, people of DiamondFire!

Today, at 4:00 PM EST, I, frogqy, under the frog2020 party with my vice presidential candidate, endersaltz, was elected president of DiamondFire.
If you have no idea what I'm talking about, see the following links:
https://discord.gg/dzMq4m6 (election discord)
https://mcdiamondfire.com/threads/diamondfire-presidency.230/ (election forum post)

I could not be more appreciative of the people who decided to vote for me. We ended with 63 total votes for us. I'm amazed that we were able to put the gap between me and the second-place party at 21 total votes. I'd like to thank @Ottelino, @Zyculous, @ing, @Vulcanowo, and of course, @endersaltz for being amazing supporters and helping us out a ton.

I'd also like to restate my plans here as the 1st President of this great server. My party's whole design was around benefitting the creators. I came up with the concept I called Community Overview. In a forum post, on the 1st of every month (beginning November 1st), I will look at the top 3 plots on trending and note everything good about them, helping honor these creators for pushing through and making it to the very top. I'll also be looking around up until then for plots that aren't super popular but I still really enjoy them.

I've also made some ground rules for future elections so they go much smoother. I'll list them here.
1. A presidential term will be 4 months and then another election will be held. (On February 14th, 2021, another election will be held.)
2. The president and vice president will be the ones managing and hosting the next election.
3. A president cannot run for a second term unless they hire somebody else to host the election.
4. Vote pooling (coalition governments) are not allowed.
5. Any rule changes have to made before the election is held; changing rules during an election causes confusion and we don't want that.
6. You cannot run with your alt as your vice president.
7. You cannot vote for anyone using alts. We will know if you do and your vote will be removed. If a candidate knowingly and willingly breaks this rule, they will be kicked out of the election.
8. You are allowed to advertise your campaign in any way, but bribery is not allowed.

With this all being said, there is currently a congress election starting up over at a new discord ( https://discord.gg/styUjjq ) and the voting for that can be found on plot id 29765.

DiamondFire's 1st Presidential Election Results:
-Elected President: @frog (IGN: frogqy)
-Elected Vice President: @endersaltz (IGN: endersaltz)
-First Lady: @ing (IGN: ingenioustm)
-Secretary of State: @Zyculous (IGN: Zyculous)
-Head of Education:@Enderdust (IGN: enderrdust)

-Second Place Presidential Candidate: @pepsiMan__ (IGN: pepsiMan__)
-Second Place Vice Presidential Candidate: @Huhuu (IGN: Huhuu_)

Attachments

• poster.jpg
    poster.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
Hello, people of DiamondFire!

Today, at 4:00 PM EST, I, frogqy, under the frog2020 party with my vice presidential candidate, endersaltz, was elected president of DiamondFire.
If you have no idea what I'm talking about, see the following links:
https://discord.gg/dzMq4m6 (election discord)
https://mcdiamondfire.com/threads/diamondfire-presidency.230/ (election forum post)

I could not be more appreciative of the people who decided to vote for me. We ended with 63 total votes for us. I'm amazed that we were able to put the gap between me and the second-place party at 21 total votes. I'd like to thank @Ottelino, @Zyculous, @ing, @Vulcanowo, and of course, @endersaltz for being amazing supporters and helping us out a ton.

I'd also like to restate my plans here as the 1st President of this great server. My party's whole design was around benefitting the creators. I came up with the concept I called Community Overview. In a forum post, on the 1st of every month (beginning November 1st), I will look at the top 3 plots on trending and note everything good about them, helping honor these creators for pushing through and making it to the very top. I'll also be looking around up until then for plots that aren't super popular but I still really enjoy them.

I've also made some ground rules for future elections so they go much smoother. I'll list them here.
1. A presidential term will be 6 months and then another election will be held. (On April 14th, 2021, another election will be held.)
2. The president and vice president will be the ones managing and hosting the next election.
3. A president cannot run for a second term unless they hire somebody else to host the election.
4. Vote pooling (coalition governments) are not allowed.
5. Any rule changes have to made before the election is held; changing rules during an election causes confusion and we don't want that.
6. You cannot run with your alt as your vice president.
7. You cannot vote for anyone using alts. We will know if you do and your vote will be removed. If a candidate knowingly and willingly breaks this rule, they will be kicked out of the election.
8. You are allowed to advertise your campaign in any way, but bribery is not allowed.

With this all being said, there is currently a congress election starting up over at a new discord ( https://discord.gg/styUjjq ) and the voting for that can be found on plot id 29765.

DiamondFire's 1st Presidential Election Results:
-Elected President: @frog (IGN: frogqy)
-Elected Vice President: @endersaltz (IGN: endersaltz)
-First Lady: @ing (IGN: ingenioustm)
-Secretary of State: @Zyculous (IGN: Zyculous)

-Second Place Presidential Candidate: @pepsiMan__ (IGN: pepsiMan__)
-Second Place Vice Presidential Candidate: @Huhuu (IGN: Huhuu_)

make it 4 months, 6 months is too long

Wobber

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
I wish Pepsi won, (cause then i might be secretary, cough cough) but GGs anyway! frog ur still a simp tho

froggy

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
Update: I changed the presidential term from 6 months to 4 months.

grobulae

Reaction score
> The president and vice president will be the ones managing and hosting the next election.
are you trying to create corruption

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
> The president and vice president will be the ones managing and hosting the next election.

To be fair, he's not running again

froggy

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
The president isn't allowed to run again unless somebody else hosts it.

UltraCraftGames

Notorious member
Reaction score
The president isn't allowed to run again unless somebody else hosts it.
You do realise thats still corruption you litterally decided how long a term is a president could just say hey guys im president for life

UltraCraftGames

Notorious member
Reaction score
Still a president hosting an election is corrupt as they could bias it towards getting someone they prefer in power who in return could bias getting them in power in the election they host effectivelly keeping tehm in a cycle

grobulae

Reaction score
guys! don't worry! The president can't rig the election and host it to let them win again!

They'll just rig it for someone they like instead.

Fablor

Reaction score
You do realise thats still corruption you litterally decided how long a term is a president could just say hey guys im president for life
Still a president hosting an election is corrupt as they could bias it towards getting someone they prefer in power who in return could bias getting them in power in the election they host effectivelly keeping tehm in a cycle
Oi, Run for congress, then we can actually limit presidency.

froggy

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
once the congress gets some power, these election rules will be unchangeable (other than any changes they vote on)

Top Bottom