• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Add a swear filter.

Iwannaplaymcyay

Reaction score
A swear filter. There would be 3 levels. High, Medium, and Low and instead of not letting you send it, it would replace it with **** . High would be the default and be what the server has now, i.e. censoring everything but hell, damn and crap. Medium would be more lenient, only censoring things like the f-word and s-word and so on. And low would censor everything except slurs. If that can't be implemented, please tell me why since I don't see anything wrong with it and I never understood why the filter is so strong.

Spamton

Reaction score
Little children will be scarred from setting it to low, finding out what people can say

RosesBurning

Reaction score
There are certain words which are not currently blocked by the filter which is rather disturbing how they can be used in various implications. Furthermore it affects the growing generation exposing them to such needless language that older audiences often use. Now I'm not saying that we shouldn't add a filter with customisable settings to allow a 'deeper connection' through the use of certain words but that It's better off to minimise any language to protect the community.

Having various settings could be helpful to older audiences but the reason these are in place is to keep the community clean, I know I wouldn't appreciate a server, with people freely swearing or using explicit language such as hypixel, it would encourage more of that around which could damage the small community we have in Diamond Fire.

Kind Regards,
Roses

Raffius Taffius

Overlord
Reaction score
There are certain words which are not currently blocked by the filter which is rather disturbing how they can be used in various implications
i think i (or someone else?) asked about one of these certain words a while ago and got a response something like "well the word can also mean y", which is true but who the heck is gonna be using the y definition of the word on a minecraft minigame server

RosesBurning

Reaction score
i think i (or someone else?) asked about one of these certain words a while ago and got a response something like "well the word can also mean y", which is true but who the heck is gonna be using the y definition of the word on a minecraft minigame server
Yep, but too there are probaly other words that I can't quite remember or put out here that arent exactly appropiate for a minecraft server that unfortunately still has lots of little children playing on it, nothing aginst that their just uh... often strangely annoying.

Top Bottom