• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

an update, an explanation, and cycles 2

homchom

Retired Dev
Overlord
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I am making this post because I wanted to give an update on a few things.

First, I want to say that I am doing well. I know that some people have been worried about my mental health, and I want to say that compared to 5-7 months ago, I am in a much better place. I have gotten into many new things recently, including games that I have wanted to try, and coding projects that I have long wanted to start. A lot of people have also noticed that since around mid-June, I have been on DF. I'll get back to that later.

I also know that a lot of people are still confused about exactly what happened and why I retired from my dev position in February. A lot happened, and I've tried to give the full story to people in the past, although it tends to make people uncomfortable and/or cause myself to get made fun of. So I'll just keep it brief here: It was too stressful for me. A series of unfortunate dramatic events compounded and led to my retirement. I then was in a bad mental state for a few months after, but I have made some significant changes to my behavior, and I am now on an upward spiral. I have apologized to multiple people (I won't go into the specifics because it is not relevant in this post), and for the most part, the apologies have been accepted. I am also hoping to start taking prescription medication soon, on the advice of my therapist, as I believe part of the issue cannot be fixed by mental willpower alone.

As for my plans for the future, I think I will try to continue playing on DF in my freetime because I enjoy it a lot, and I am not really the same without it. As I said before, I have been on somewhat since around mid-June. I am, however, trying to limit my amount of playtime, effort, and stress; I think it has been working; I feel like I'm in a much healthier place than I was at the end of last year. Other than that, who knows what the future will hold?

And finally, some good news: in the time since mid-June, @Electrosolt and I (with help from @BigSpaceRex) have resumed development on Cycles 2, which, for those who are not familiar, I am calling a "transdimensional puzzle game" (and the sequel to the original Cycles plot). I believe it is very close to being released (maybe within the next 7 days). This has been a passion project for me, and I have put in a lot of effort (although not too much); I hope you enjoy it as much as I do when it releases. Below are some screenshots:

2021-08-02_13.49.23.png2021-08-02_13.49.38.png2021-08-02_13.50.03.png2021-08-02_13.51.47.png

In conclusion, I'm happy and well. I know I've had a rough history, and I know that some things ended on a pretty sour note, but I'm still just happy to be here, and I hope others are happy to have me around. If people want to chat, or want to be notified when Cycles 2 releases, feel free to join my new Discord server.

Thanks for everything,
homchom

General_Mudkip

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
Great to hear that you're doing better :) Welcome back!

EmeralDev

Forum adept
Reaction score
glad you feel better and i cant wait for cycles 2 :)

trashoflevillage

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear you're doing better and getting back into DiamondFire! I'm excited to see what you create because your plots were always really impressive compared to most other plots on the server. :D

N Enders

Support staff
Support
Reaction score
Glad to here you are doing better, and welcome back.

Top Bottom