• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Bundle of Questons

Fghj240

Reaction score
1. Left click action says it doesn't work on left clicks where the player does damage but if I punch an entity it still works. Why? Is there a workaround?
2. Is there a limit to the maximum amount of codespaces you can have?
3. How could I detect where an entity lands? Like for example if I want to "throw" a cobblestone block by summoning a falling block entity and giving it momentum, how could I create an explosion where it lands?
4. How do you get a structure void?
5. Can you set /rc to default?
6. Are the ranks worth it?
7. Is there a way to deal regular damage? Not like with the damage block but deal damage that is affected by armor. Also is there a way for potion damage that ignores armor but not protection?
8. What are the DF elections?

Solution
3. How could I detect where an entity lands? Like for example if I want to "throw" a cobblestone block by summoning a falling block entity and giving it momentum, how could I create an explosion where it lands?
Entity Event: Falling Block Land Event

/item get <item name> should allow you to obtain any item, including structure voids.

Nope, not yet anyway.

I'm probably not the best person to answer this but from what I've seen people like the ranks! If you're thinking about a specific rank, I know a few folks have said Emperor is the "best value".

7. Is there a way to deal regular damage? Not like with the...

Fghj240

Reaction score
This forum is pretty much filled with my ugly green F. I don't like that but to be fair new posts come on here like once a month and the diamondfire tutorial is pretty bad.

RolandMC123

Forum adept
Reaction score
1. Left click action says it doesn't work on left clicks where the player does damage but if I punch an entity it still works. Why? Is there a workaround?
Yes, if you punch someone, the left click action still activates. There's a separate event for punching entities (PlayerDamageEntity) that can provide more information about them when hit. There is no way to make left click not activate.

2. Is there a limit to the maximum amount of codespaces you can have?
Yes, you can make codespaces only up to the height limit of 256.
This forum is pretty much filled with my ugly green F. I don't like that but to be fair new posts come on here like once a month and the diamondfire tutorial is pretty bad.
You can use the in-game support system instead of the forums for most questions you have. To see all the available commands, do /support help. Some notable ones are:

/support request - Requests a support session. This means that you will be put in a queue, and after a few minutes an experienced DiamondFire member will be able to help you.
/support question [question] - Asks a question that online support can answer.

Before using the system, please read the entirety of the support guidelines, located at the bottom of this page.
(Sorry, I didn't have time to answer all your questions right now, I'll finish this answer later once I'm done with school, or someone else can answer the rest)

Fghj240

Reaction score
Yes, if you punch someone, the left click action still activates. There's a separate event for punching entities (PlayerDamageEntity) that can provide more information about them when hit. There is no way to make left click not activate.

Yes, you can make codespaces only up to the height limit of 256.

You can use the in-game support system instead of the forums for most questions you have. To see all the available commands, do /support help. Some notable ones are:

/support request - Requests a support session. This means that you will be put in a queue, and after a few minutes an experienced DiamondFire member will be able to help you.
/support question [question] - Asks a question that online support can answer.

Before using the system, please read the entirety of the support guidelines, located at the bottom of this page.
(Sorry, I didn't have time to answer all your questions right now, I'll finish this answer later once I'm done with school, or someone else can answer the rest)
Unfortunately, the /support command is useless since maybe it's my timezone (doubt it cuz it's US) but I've never seen staff online answering questions or helping players. I've been in queue for 30m once sitting at #1 before I gave up.

Jeremaster

Owner
Owner
Reaction score

/item get <item name> should allow you to obtain any item, including structure voids.

Nope, not yet anyway.

I'm probably not the best person to answer this but from what I've seen people like the ranks! If you're thinking about a specific rank, I know a few folks have said Emperor is the "best value".

7. Is there a way to deal regular damage? Not like with the damage block but deal damage that is affected by armor. Also is there a way for potion damage that ignores armor but not protection?
I don't believe there is an easy shortcut for that. You could maybe use the armor items game value to check their armor (and its enchantments) and modify the damage based on that?

8. What are the DF elections?
The DF election is an unofficial project put together by members of our community... people can run for "DF President", form parties with platforms, and vote for their favorite candidates. From what I've heard, it's fun, though I'm personally not involved in it.

Will this increase after DF fully adjusts to 1.17?
World height increase got moved to 1.18.

While the forums are a great platform, the Discord server is more active and includes a #help channel for asking and answering questions. If you have Discord, you can join it at https://discord.gg/diamondfire

Solution

Fghj240

Reaction score

Nope, not yet anyway.

I don't believe there is an easy shortcut for that. You could maybe use the armor items game value to check their armor (and its enchantments) and modify the damage based on that?

The DF election is an unofficial project put together by members of our community... people can run for "DF President", form parties with platforms, and vote for their favorite candidates. From what I've heard, it's fun, though I'm personally not involved in it.

World height increase got moved to 1.18.

While the forums are a great platform, the Discord server is more active and includes a #help channel for asking and answering questions. If you have Discord, you can join it at https://discord.gg/diamondfire
I was unaware of that channel, thanks.

Fghj240

Reaction score
theres a template for armor calculations but idk where to find it
I know the armor calculations. I just think it would be a lot harder to get the protection enchants and blast/fire/proj prot and run calculations and then add armor.

Even what I’m trying to do: have a player take 20% less damage if they have a variable set to the right amount, sounds like a daunting task.

Top Bottom