• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

DF Staff System is Scuffed

qorple

Reaction score
This isn’t an article about the frog bog because I already made up with frogqy I think.

I just generally dislike the fact that people can become supports then immeadiatly resign to get the retired role to seem like they did something. Like I get it it looks cool but like cmon man, that ain’t nice :(

Prox

Reaction score
As long as they actually did sessions, then they did do something
If they did nothing though, it feels like they wouldn't get the retired tag out of the fact that they did almost nothing

DogWithHats

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
qorple, you've been wrong about many, many things. This is one of them. There are literally NO cases of this happening. I think there was one that retired just because he changed his mind about wanting to be a support. IMO the DF support system is fine. Not perfect, but not terrible.

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
the only person that ever retired super quickly tmk was galrozin. he didnt do that for the retired tag, he did that because the support job wasn't as he imagined/expected
Yup, this. ^

The staff I encountered didn't do it for status or anything, they genuinely wanted to help out the community. And that's why the staff team is so special, the commitment they all put in on the server to help each other out :)

endersaltz

Reaction score
i retired for some of the reasons that 'galrozin' did
aswell as some other reasons, which were not the retiredtag

qorple

Reaction score
This isn’t an article about the frog bog because I already made up with frogqy I think.

I just generally dislike the fact that people can become supports then immeadiatly resign to get the retired role to seem like they did something. Like I get it it looks cool but like cmon man, that ain’t nice :(

that's why I said, could... not that anybody did... i just think that people should undergo an actual trial phase, like instead of going straight to jrhelper maybe they do be jrhelper but its like an actual JrHelper, not just helper but without fly.

General_Mudkip

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
that's why I said, could... not that anybody did... i just think that people should undergo an actual trial phase, like instead of going straight to jrhelper maybe they do be jrhelper but its like an actual JrHelper, not just helper but without fly.
JrHelper trials have been discussed previously and were how the system was originally designed, however it was changed down the line and we use a system that is mostly based on how the JrHelper is performing stats-wise. /fly is also getting removed for support outside of sessions.

qorple

Reaction score
qorple, you've been wrong about many, many things. This is one of them. There are literally NO cases of this happening. I think there was one that retired just because he changed his mind about wanting to be a support. IMO the DF support system is fine. Not perfect, but not terrible.
1) Oil floats in water 2) cover yourself in oil 3) wait for it to rain 4) fly

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
I just generally dislike the fact that people can become supports then immeadiatly resign to get the retired role to seem like they did something.
I thought the same thing, but I was wrong. I do agree there are problems, but it is being fixed. There are too many support so closing applications were great. The last two promos were the 2 most deserving people, and in my opinion Witherpizza is the best support we currently have. Those were great shifts that restored my faith in the staff team. The second was how jr mod is now handled, as a trial mod anyone can apply for when applications are open. Staff managers are doing a great job with that.

RDM

Overlord
Reaction score
"I just generally dislike the fact that people can become supports then immeadiatly resign to get the retired role to seem like they did something. Like I get it it looks cool but like cmon man, that ain’t nice :("

Well technically you could try, but you wouldn't receive a tag or anything if you become staff just to retire and get a [R] role. The retired rank/role is a honorary rank given to former staff members who have worked hard, not to those that haven't. It's all good though, easy misconception to make. Hope that clears the waters for ya.

JustHamsta

Overlord
Reaction score
imagine if someone really went through the pain of becoming staff then leaving the same day for the tag

SamMan_

Forum adept
Reaction score
this is one of those concerns that gets brought up in the (hypothetical) retired tag suggestion thread that for some reason gets taken seriously even though in practice, nobody would ever do it

LooserRIP

Notorious member
Overlord
Reaction score
Practically no one will ever do that.
and if they do, it's not just to get the retired rank.

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
I just generally dislike the fact that people can become supports then immeadiatly resign to get the retired role to seem like they did something.
this is unrealistic

DogWithHats

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
there are no examples of somebody doing that, and if they did, they probably wouldn't get the rank.

Top Bottom