• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

DiamondFire Championship

What do you think about this concept?

• I would love to see it happen!

Votes: 34 70.8%
  • I am neutral about it.

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • I dislike the idea

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prox

Reaction score
Additionally, events would be selected from popular plots at the time
haha can't wait for the race to grind 10k potaters in spotter incorporate seven
Since this'd be a pretty time-reliant thing, though, time zones would s u c k to account for, making it at 8 AM for PST would make it 7 PM for CEST, and there's a tight window for that, not to mention that there'd be places like Australia dinnerbone land that would simply have to be excluded for time no matter what. Sorry ryan, mra, or whichever admin it is that lives there, I don't keep tabs on you guys.

DogWithHats

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
I'm curious, how would teams/players be chosen? Would anybody just be able to sign up? Would we be responsible for picking our own teams?

Wobber

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
@Dorkymcdorkface @Its_KoolBro @FrenchFryFan
pls put them with me

homchom

Retired Dev
Overlord
Reaction score
Perhaps consider that not all of the plots should be "popular at the time". There should be a mix of popular and classic but high-quality.

xtreemes

Reaction score
Perhaps consider that not all of the plots should be "popular at the time". There should be a mix of popular and classic but high-quality.
I agree with homchom here. If we have a lot of popular plots such as "Empty Massive", then it will be much harder to pick just popular plots to go off of. There should definitely be a good mix with well-known and highly polished old games that the community could still play, but bring in the popular plots alongside.

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
I'm curious, how would teams/players be chosen? Would anybody just be able to sign up? Would we be responsible for picking our own teams?
Hi, yeah so I think the idea is that anyone can sign up and be apart of a team. I think it will be equally divided, so you might not be able to pick, but we will see. Good question.

Zyborg

Forum adept
Reaction score
@Refriz, what you should do, is that people vote on minigames, like the events team picks a whole bunch of minigames, puts it in a vote, and like top 10 minigames will make it in, or less, since you'll need a lot of minigames to choose from, or the DF president could choose the minigames. The winning minigames will be revealed, and then people would make plots according to those minigames, and the most popular minigames that were made according to the winning minigames will be played. Ex: If there was parkour, deathrun, that one game where you try to memorize the build and build it again and theres an elder garudian, and ok I ran out of ideas, but game 4 and 5. So people made those, and lets say there were three parkour minigames made. The one with the most votes is picked for parkour. If one of the voted minigames was not made, the events team can make it, or someone else, like support or something like that.
Also, there could be a Championship every month or two, and the voting could last a week, and the making of the minigames could last a week or two.

Jeremaster

Owner
Owner
Reaction score
Pretty cool idea! I'm just wondering how you'll fairly collect results/judge players. Other than that it sounds like a great way to showcase plots and encourage competition between players.
Depends on whatever scoring system each game uses. (e.g. winning a round or clocking a good time) We'd work out a format for each game and award gold, silver, bronze based on the results. Then combine the results across all 5-6 games and crown the DF Champions!

The goal for selection is to choose well-known plots that make for good competitive gameplay. By "popular at the time" I'm mostly referring to how the game selection won't be exactly the same every time; it will evolve as new high-quality plots become well-known.

We're still figuring this out, but tentatively we're thinking teams of 4 players. While we'd likely provide some tools to assist in team formation, we will not be choosing the teams for you.

-- snipped for length --
The events team will not be creating new plots specifically for this event; this is an event for players to compete and show their skills on the games they already know and love!

Zyborg

Forum adept
Reaction score
8 AM PST is bad for me (I'm in PST), because on Saturdays I sleep till 9-10, and on weekdays I have school. So on Saturdays I wont wake up at 8 AM, but 10 AM is fine. It would make it 7 PM CEST but 7 is still fine.

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
the fact that it's based on popularity will lead this thing to a mess

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
scoring system won't work, whitelist has to be on for those plots with the owner's permission. this whole idea probably just won't work tbh

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
whitelist has to be on for those plots with the owner's permission
We will be working with the plot owners for these things. We'll have plenty of time to pick the type of plot, if it's good to be for the event, and so on.

Zyborg

Forum adept
Reaction score
What about popular plot at the time that are not really games? (Ex. Code Vault) Will it be chosen it the tournament? Maybe there could be a thing (like what you're supposed to do to win) that's based off the concept of the plot. (Ex. who can make the best code template)

Top Bottom