• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Do people who are Anti-LGBT get banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoobol

Reaction score
Do people who are Anti-LGBT get banned? cus i know someonewho is

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
well if you make any negative comments about lgbt you WILL be warned/muted/banned

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
They won't second think harsh punishments for this, and I disagree, I feel that it's completely justifiable because the staff team maintains an extremely strong stance against fostering a negative atmosphere and they always try to uphold this principle. it's crucial to prevent discussions opposing this by maintaining an inclusive environment, cuz these discussions tend to always generate hate, heated debates, harassment, and further divisions among its members when DiamondFire more than ever needs unity. also the project is LGBTIQA+ friendly to begin with, and the team actively enforces it and to those who don't support it, they really are encouraged to engage in a conversation elsewhere away from this platform, negativity is heavily discouraged and it has always been this way. The atmosphere should be positive

At the end it's important to remember that the project strives for acceptance no matter the creed, race, gender identity or sexual orientation, and this won't ever change

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
They won't second think harsh punishments for this
the staff team is MUCH MORE sensitive about lgbt than other stuff, especially religion, i've seen some offensive stuff about religion but the mod team just doesn't care

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
They really do try to foster a positive atmosphere for both LGBTIQA+ and religion, but the fact is, maintaining an inclusive atmosphere often does involve prioritizing certain issues, and it doesn't necessarily mean that the staff team doesn't care about religion or other aspects. They care. It's also not out of the realm if the staff team implemented policies and guidelines targeting these types of discussions that generate hate, harassment, and division related to LGBTIQA+ matters to have more severe punishments, that may have been the case, I can't completely recall. But it doesn't imply a lack of concern for other matters like religion. so if you ever see offensive religion comments being overlooked, it's really encouraged to provide constructive feedback to staff management, they really do care and they are motivated to improving moderation and policies. I had a pleasure working with them and I can say personally that they really do care about improving their teams

another thing, fostering a positive and inclusive atmosphere requires a sort of balance, and moderating a platform like this can honestly be hella challenging in my experience, but they try to strike a balance between ensuring inclusivity, taking care of offensive content (especially sensitive topics), and so on. The staff team's priorities may shift based on prevalent issues in the community, and it's important to note that finding this balance is truthfully an ongoing process that will require continuous feedback and improvement, no staff team or human is perfect and they will continue to evaluate and refine their policies I'm sure, so that's what I would do :smile:

Last edited:

superbaconbro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
i.e. don't be stupid. df isn't a debate server and if it was it probably wouldn't be a coding server.

superbaconbro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
At the end it's important to remember that the project strives for acceptance no matter the creed, race, gender identity or sexual orientation, and this won't ever change
it's important to note that finding this balance is truthfully an ongoing process that will require continuous feedback and improvement, no staff team or human is perfect and they will continue to evaluate and refine their policies I'm sure, so that's what I would do
These are the important quotes that speak out in the word salad and I wholeheartedly agree

Mipoxa

Mythic
Reaction score
They really do try to foster a positive atmosphere for both LGBTIQA+ and religion, but the fact is, maintaining an inclusive atmosphere often does involve prioritizing certain issues, and it doesn't necessarily mean that the staff team doesn't care about religion or other aspects. They care. It's also not out of the realm if the staff team implemented policies and guidelines targeting these types of discussions that generate hate, harassment, and division related to LGBTIQA+ matters to have more severe punishments, that may have been the case, I can't completely recall. But it doesn't imply a lack of concern for other matters like religion. so if you ever see offensive religion comments being overlooked, it's really encouraged to provide constructive feedback to staff management, they really do care and they are motivated to improving moderation and policies. I had a pleasure working with them and I can say personally that they really do care about improving their teams

another thing, fostering a positive and inclusive atmosphere requires a sort of balance, and moderating a platform like this can honestly be hella challenging in my experience, but they try to strike a balance between ensuring inclusivity, taking care of offensive content (especially sensitive topics), and so on. The staff team's priorities may shift based on prevalent issues in the community, and it's important to note that finding this balance is truthfully an ongoing process that will require continuous feedback and improvement, no staff team or human is perfect and they will continue to evaluate and refine their policies I'm sure, so that's what I would do :smile:
1693581007688.png

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
You actually raise an excellent point that it’s a banned topic, and thank you for bringing that up, I feel like that was a good point as what I mentioned sounded like religion is accepted as a discussion, I’ll look into editing my original reply to better clarify. But still, even though it’s discouraged to converse about religion, they will still take action against people making hate speech content about religion or discriminating against players because of their religion, there’s a set of principles moderators and administrators try to protect so that players are kept safe from discriminatory or toxic content. Beliefs like that are better to be kept behind closed doors, but they will still protect players and make it safer by taking care of content that tries to belittle or offend players because of their belief system, the banned topic helps with this I like to think as it shuts down more entry points to basically initiate heated discussions around religion (but I could very well be wrong, much has changed since I left and there’s a lot that I can’t comment on as I no longer follow the community so I don’t know everything), but I hoped this made some sense! Thank you again for bringing it up

pixlii

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
refrizor out here giving the facts, pop off

Nameless

Reaction score
yes you will get banned for even saying stuff that is completely outside of df

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score

For me I would like to play a server where it does not come up at all. I would like to play a server and not see anything pro or anti lgbt, anything for or against my religion, anything religious or political should not be discussed. If you want to be inclusive the best way to do that is to be less exclusive. I do not believe it is fair that people can attack me for my personal beliefs and when I say it is my religion I am treated as the bad guy, why can we not just both have our own beliefs? I am willing to accept that others will believe different things and if the rest of the community would I believe it would promote more mature interactions and people would, in general, focus on what actually matters here, making and playing minigames. I do not play video games to discuss social issues, I play them to avoid discussing them.

rdococ

Reaction score
For me I would like to play a server where it does not come up at all. I would like to play a server and not see anything pro or anti lgbt, anything for or against my religion, anything religious or political should not be discussed. If you want to be inclusive the best way to do that is to be less exclusive. I do not believe it is fair that people can attack me for my personal beliefs and when I say it is my religion I am treated as the bad guy, why can we not just both have our own beliefs? I am willing to accept that others will believe different things and if the rest of the community would I believe it would promote more mature interactions and people would, in general, focus on what actually matters here, making and playing minigames. I do not play video games to discuss social issues, I play them to avoid discussing them.
This. There are political differences between many of us that are extremely difficult to reconcile, and the best feasible choice is a neutral zone instead of catering to one specific worldview.

Last edited:

pixlii

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
this is a very interesting conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom