• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Have there ever been any true RPGs in DiamondFire?

LostInJapan

Builder
Builder
Reaction score
More ambitious rpgs will emerge when private nodes will get released

RolandMC123

Forum adept
Reaction score
Private nodes aren't getting released (they were canceled a long time ago, actually). What we are getting is a Plot update where each plot can get its own world. They still have limited sizes, obviously, but some of them might be increased.

General_Mudkip

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
Private nodes aren't getting released (they were canceled a long time ago, actually). What we are getting is a Plot update where each plot can get its own world. They still have limited sizes, obviously, but some of them might be increased.

The whole point of that is so that plots can be super large and still support entities, which in turn could eventually lead to private nodes. The reason that they were put on pause/cancelled is because Minecraft's performance is absolutely terrible for the price that they were offering (and in general too), and the fact that there were some issues like entities despawning that made them not worth it to develop.

CaptainJJ21

Reaction score
Wait they were canceled since when

colbythe2nd

Reaction score
Was actually really close to getting a full blown RPG released (Fates: Reloaded), but I just got so burnt out by the end of the whole process to the point where I didn't want to finish it. My guess is that RPG's are just incredibly code intensive, since you got to factor in each individual quest, item, dialogue, menu, location, enemy, etc. To really make a good RPG, just don't get too ambitious with your design, and it will turn out great.

TheIronRifle

Reaction score
The whole reason I started this thread was because I was making an RPG myself and wanted to see if I was special or not lol. Got about 1/4 of the way through coding it before burnout kicked in. I had a whole story planned out as well. I'll come back and finish it... someday.

General_Mudkip

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
The whole reason I started this thread was because I was making an RPG myself and wanted to see if I was special or not lol. Got about 1/4 of the way through coding it before burnout kicked in. I had a whole story planned out as well. I'll come back and finish it... someday.
With huge projects like RPGs, burnout it definitely a thing that happens. I find it best to just step back, work on another project for a while, and then come back to it with renewed motivation.

Top Bottom