• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

How would I create a plot loop?

SquareFinder

Reaction score
What I mean is like a loop in a process, but that process cannot have multiple instances of itself running at the same time. For example if you have a minigame a process that loops to organise when the game can start, and the timer, etc.

What I've done right now, (doesn't work) is to have a game variable that sets to 1 when someone joins, and starts the process with no targets. However, it seems it still is activating for all people who join.

Last edited:

CNK_

Overlord
Reaction score
The game vaule player count is likely the game value your looking for.
The easiest way as far as I know on how to do that is to test if the Player Count (Which is a game value in plots values.) is equal to 1. Then run your process with no targets. There is a slight issue with this method because if /play is ran quick enough the process can be ran twice. To prevent this just don't allow /play.

What I've done right now, (doesn't work) is to have a game variable that sets to 1 when someone joins, and starts the process with no targets. However, it seems it still is activating for all people who join.
This ^^^ also should have worked. Did variable you used have %default in it or anything that would make it unqiue to the player? You acidently set it to 0 somewhere? What you can do is assuming they are the first player do If Variable Exsits [Var(GAME)] and then set it to anything inside of the condition. Also keep in mind that any variable that hasn't been used yets vlaue is equal to 0.

Note: This is all assuming you are running it off of the player join event.

Orrinpants

Reaction score
Code:
...If variable [(Game Value: Player Count) = 1] {
Start process: "Game Loop"
}...

Process "Game Loop": Call function: "Game Loop"

SquareFinder

Reaction score
View attachment 1486
The easiest way as far as I know on how to do that is to test if the Player Count (Which is a game value in plots values.) is equal to 1. Then run your process with no targets. There is a slight issue with this method because if /play is ran quick enough the process can be ran twice. To prevent this just don't allow /play.

This ^^^ also should have worked. Did variable you used have %default in it or anything that would make it unqiue to the player? You acidently set it to 0 somewhere? What you can do is assuming they are the first player do If Variable Exsits [Var(GAME)] and then set it to anything inside of the condition. Also keep in mind that any variable that hasn't been used yets vlaue is equal to 0.

Note: This is all assuming you are running it off of the player join event.
Thank you, I think although I did a comparison for if the variable equals 0, I should actually do the if variable exists (forgot that existed, i once saw it somewhere i think). I will try that, I don't particularly like doing the player count method, since if two players join in the same tick, it may bug out.

Top Bottom