• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Idea Dump

froggy

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
Alright, so, a huge problem within creators on DiamondFire is being stumped on ideas. You find an idea, like it for a bit, then give up after a day of working on it. I've been on and off doing this for years, and that's why I bring us all here.

If you had an idea that you would love to play but either can't be bothered to code it yourself or you don't think you can crack it, post it here and we'll all share and expand on our ideas together. I'll start by posting some game ideas that I threw out after getting bored with them:

-A building plot where you have 3 minutes to gather resources from a randomly generated map, then you have to use what you have to build random themes.
-A minigame plot where the players work together for 15 minutes before the game starts to build the map. You can opt in an out of building and you can vote to use the map from the previous game if wished.
-A minigame plot with fully customizable cosmetics (as in the player creates the cosmetics for themselves).
-A jackbox-esque game about replacing a word with another word to throw other players off.

grobulae

Reaction score
A minigame plot with fully customizable cosmetics (as in the player creates the cosmetics for themselves).

Does this do much to make a plot good? What would the minigame be?

A minigame plot where the players work together for 15 minutes before the game starts to build the map. You can opt in an out of building and you can vote to use the map from the previous game if wished.

Sounds like hell, but pretty good if you could get people to communicate and everyone had a similar level of skill so you don't have a super high quality build right next to a dirt hut

A jackbox-esque game about replacing a word with another word to throw other players off.

this one has my vote

A building plot where you have 3 minutes to gather resources from a randomly generated map, then you have to use what you have to build random themes.

Would you get the theme while you collect resources? Whats the win condition?

Maybe a fashion show type-game where people can make those cosmetics along with custom color armor or heads? iirc you can get heads with texture values with code, so maybe that could be a big part of it?

Wobber

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Maybe a fashion show type-game where people can make those cosmetics along with custom color armor or heads? iirc you can get heads with texture values with code, so maybe that could be a big part of it?
Yes, and it could have themes and stuff so people would have to make outfits according to the theme.

Idea: Another note block music player BUT combined with that custom note block song creator to make a music platform where you can listen to music made by people on that same plot. Would be complicated but hella cool.
(this is now a thread where you comment on other's game ideas and add one or more of your own)

Top Bottom