• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Jeremaster is planning to delete node 2 [#SAVENODE2]

AfkUser

Reaction score
Recently, Jeremaster posted a now-deleted message in #dfchat that reads:

Jeremaster — 09/18/2023 10:30 PM
Hello <@&761778773711519747>, I just wanted to provide a quick explanation on what's going on with node 2.

As you all know, node 2 is having frequent issues and is crashing more often than usual. After some discussion with our development team, we have decided to remove node 2 entirely. This means you will no longer have access to node 2, and node 2 will be archived. All the plots from node 2 will be moved to other nodes, starting at <t:1695009600:t>.

By doing so, we hope this issue will be resolved, and no more crashes/lag spikes will happen.

We cannot let this change happen, as it could break all sorts of stuff! Please use the hashtag #SAVENODE2 to spread awareness about this and help prevent it

Wyzzard225

Reaction score
wtf not jere minister we must push forth friends and foes together to once and for all rid this land of such a horrible dictator minister guy

Spykidagent

Forum adept
Emperor
Reaction score
Recently, Jeremaster posted a now-deleted message in #dfchat that reads:

Jeremaster — 09/18/2023 10:30 PM
Hello <@&761778773711519747>, I just wanted to provide a quick explanation on what's going on with node 2.

As you all know, node 2 is having frequent issues and is crashing more often than usual. After some discussion with our development team, we have decided to remove node 2 entirely. This means you will no longer have access to node 2, and node 2 will be archived. All the plots from node 2 will be moved to other nodes, starting at <t:1695009600:t>.

By doing so, we hope this issue will be resolved, and no more crashes/lag spikes will happen.

We cannot let this change happen, as it could break all sorts of stuff! Please use the hashtag #SAVENODE2 to spread awareness about this and help prevent it
#savenode2

Bromeo

Reaction score
I loved it when wild said “It’s wildin’ time” and wilded all over the place

Ezekielman

Reaction score
You have to wonder... if only 100 people in the history of df had overlord, and they got it for an average of of $50 each, that would still be $5000. Where is all that money going, if the server STILL has lag issues?

Mipoxa

Mythic
Reaction score
You have to wonder... if only 100 people in the history of df had overlord, and they got it for an average of of $50 each, that would still be $5000. Where is all that money going, if the server STILL has lag issues?
even a laggy server runs on money

Ezekielman

Reaction score
even a laggy server runs on money
Hm. So jere can't just buy a gaming pc, put it in his basement, and run it on that? Because that's what I do at home.

If he has the physical server, then he doesn't have to pay for any kind of server hosting.

strawspider

Forum adept
Emperor
Reaction score
Hm. So jere can't just buy a gaming pc, put it in his basement, and run it on that? Because that's what I do at home.

If he has the physical server, then he doesn't have to pay for any kind of server hosting.
why not just make his own hosting

UntoldEntity

Overlord
Reaction score
You do realize the emmense cost of running a server? I mean they have 10 nodes (incl. Beta and dev) and have to pay a hosting service to run them all. This is on top of promotions and such.
Also they very recently upgraded hardware for the servers which likely costed them a boat load of money. Also like they're literally repair the lag issues they're a pretty new thing lmao wdym "STILL"

UntoldEntity

Overlord
Reaction score

Well I mean you're actually like kinda incorrect in this entire statement. First they actually would have to pay server hosting, it's called electrical and Internet bills. Those would cost a lot baseline. On top of that jere would be broadcasting their IP to the entire world. And finally, DF usually has AT LEAST 100 players online a good chunk of which are doing things that require pretty solid Internet (like loading a couple thousand particles) and jeremaster's router would have to take the entire bandwidth of the server. Home Internet can't handle that much. That's why they use a hosting service which has servers designed to have high bandwidth and be able to support a lot of packets sufficiently.
Note: this isn't a attack on you I'm simply informing you of why they can't do that

Raccoon Mario Fogo

Forum adept
Reaction score
You do realize the emmense cost of running a server? I mean they have 10 nodes (incl. Beta and dev) and have to pay a hosting service to run them all. This is on top of promotions and such.
Also they very recently upgraded hardware for the servers which likely costed them a boat load of money. Also like they're literally repair the lag issues they're a pretty new thing lmao wdym "STILL"
Well I mean you're actually like kinda incorrect in this entire statement. First they actually would have to pay server hosting, it's called electrical and Internet bills. Those would cost a lot baseline. On top of that jere would be broadcasting their IP to the entire world. And finally, DF usually has AT LEAST 100 players online a good chunk of which are doing things that require pretty solid Internet (like loading a couple thousand particles) and jeremaster's router would have to take the entire bandwidth of the server. Home Internet can't handle that much. That's why they use a hosting service which has servers designed to have high bandwidth and be able to support a lot of packets sufficiently.
Note: this isn't a attack on you I'm simply informing you of why they can't do that
Unfortunately, You're Being Too Reasonable For Members of This Server to Understand

Top Bottom