• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Jeremaster is planning to delete node 2 [#SAVENODE2]

Acod

Reaction score
You have to wonder... if only 100 people in the history of df had overlord, and they got it for an average of of $50 each, that would still be $5000. Where is all that money going, if the server STILL has lag issues?
fyi node 2 kept crashing because of a glitched chunk, not because of the hardware being bad

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
yeah this stuff gets reallyy expensive. It’s not as easy as buying a gaming computer, the machines can be much much more than that with the infrastructure setup and the finances, and the upkeep is a big part of it. It’s bizarre hahaha. Someone here mentioned network infrastructure and I second that completely, any declines with the connection and bandwidth compared to professional data centers can really impact players, and that’s a lot to think about. you’d have prob better luck leasing machines from data centers because they can provide all the resources, upkeep, and maintenance

Last edited:

strawspider

Forum adept
Emperor
Reaction score
fyi node 2 kept crashing because of a glitched chunk, not because of the hardware being bad
ur that abusive sputt time dev who griefed and gave everyone skelvarayeayeay and destoryed code and make it a starting class

Ezekielman

Reaction score
Well I mean you're actually like kinda incorrect in this entire statement. First they actually would have to pay server hosting, it's called electrical and Internet bills. Those would cost a lot baseline. On top of that jere would be broadcasting their IP to the entire world. And finally, DF usually has AT LEAST 100 players online a good chunk of which are doing things that require pretty solid Internet (like loading a couple thousand particles) and jeremaster's router would have to take the entire bandwidth of the server. Home Internet can't handle that much. That's why they use a hosting service which has servers designed to have high bandwidth and be able to support a lot of packets sufficiently.
Note: this isn't a attack on you I'm simply informing you of why they can't do that
Right. I should have known that obviously running a server at home for friends is nothing like having a server that handles thousands of plots all at the same time, with 200-400 players on half the time. I probably should have thought about that before I posted, but hey, now I know.

Ezekielman

Reaction score
Unfortunately, You're Being Too Reasonable For Members of This Server to Understand
I find it hard to understand what to do or say when someone replies with "bro (insert random word that everyone but me understands)", so I'm glad that there are at least some people who are "too reasonable for members of this server to understand".

sunnynoah

Support staff
Support
Reaction score
Im here too now :)
(please do delete node 2, theres like no good plots on there (no offense))

UntoldEntity

Overlord
Reaction score
He should delete node 2, a few other nodes, and use the money he saves to replace the staff team.
i mean i dont disagree that the staff team needs a little bit of work but 1. that wouldnt really cost anything, and 2. the staff steam is mostly fine so its not that big of a deal.

Mipoxa

Mythic
Reaction score
i mean i dont disagree that the staff team needs a little bit of work but 1. that wouldnt really cost anything, and 2. the staff steam is mostly fine so its not that big of a deal.
1699405688650.png

Top Bottom