• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Just noticed this

Illucination

Overlord
Reaction score
I'm probably way too late to the party but has anyone else noticed that about half of the really good game-makers have sort of just... quit? I think I know the reason, but can someone who has left or is thinking of leaving please enlighten me? All of this has happened in just a few months and it's quite a task to keep track of it all.

bumpy

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
You're very late to the party. There are generally 2 reasons people are leaving:

1) Lack of motivation:
Mostly, the plots that don't require much effort to make are the most popular right now. What's the point of creating a plot you've put tons of effort into just for it to be forgotten the next day?

2) The immature player base:
We see this less now, but since the recent surge of CommandGeek fans, a large swarm of immature players have made their way to the server. This also links back to the first reason where the new players are both making and playing these games.

MineOrDie_

Overlord
Reaction score
I'm probably way too late to the party but has anyone else noticed that about half of the really good game-makers have sort of just... quit?

I agree, even though we still have:
- KillerCreepr (aka. the "Don't Die" guy)
- Cracked_Shots (aka. the "Cube fade" guy)
- KabanFriends (aka. the weeb)
- Slavaxkt (aka. the second weeb)
- Jimmy_The_Knight (aka. the "vulcan" guy)
- Qxeii (not anymore)
- Me (aka. the laziest one)
and probably a dozen more

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
- Qxeii (not anymore)
WTF i exist and i am lazier

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
- Qxeii (not anymore)
Dubinzi where
he made poop city

EvilsSouls

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Yea i also realised that many "veterans" have left df. I think it is because df has grown, so many new people joined (including me) and the bigger the comuntity is the more "toxic" people come (i am not saying this is Command Geeks fault he just made a ad just like every other youtuber that has supported df). It is naturall that if a comunity has a hand full of people there will also be toxic people. And i also think as bumpy said: That if you can just make a skyminer and everyone will play it for 5 Weeks, and it just took you one day to make it, what is the fun of making a game that takes really much effort if only people will come at ads and after ads some people play for a hour and than stop.

Ace

Reaction score
- Qxeii (not anymore)
usually vulcanowo is the "vulcan" guy

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
I'm probably way too late to the party but has anyone else noticed that about half of the really good game-makers have sort of just... quit? I think I know the reason, but can someone who has left or is thinking of leaving please enlighten me? All of this has happened in just a few months and it's quite a task to keep track of it all.
There should be some sort of a reward for people who make REALLY good plots. CP is useless

EvilsSouls

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
There should be some sort of a reward for people who make REALLY good plots. CP is useless
That would be cool, but there would be many people that than would go on discord and say: "Come on my plot it is really cool, can i get <name of this thing you get when cool plot name>, my plot is a SKYMINER, isn't that the best plot on the intire world?". Plus i can't think of a system that can automaticly see if the plot is "good" or not, and if it would maby be how much code there was used that would be very easy to bypass. And if people would do that than maby someone would brag about it people than know how he got the poins (from which plot) and would say that that plot isn't good, and doesn't deserve those <name of this thing you get when cool plot name>. Maby i am just to overthinking it, but that is just my opinion just like someone can have a different opinion of if the plot is "good".

stinkey

Forum adept
Reaction score
- Qxeii (not anymore)
you? good game-maker? not to be mean, but. arent all your plots literally survivals or cp grabs???

Top Bottom