• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

question about world edit

worldedit

Reaction score
hey, just wanna know,how to use world edit in diamond fire?i'm overlord....

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
Hello, there's a lot to WorldEdit, but here are some basics:
  • In build mode, use //wand to get a wand
    • This little dude will allow you to set two positions. First position: right click with it. Second position: left click with it.
  • You can then use commands, such as //set obsidian to set a boundary with obsidian with those two positions.
  • You can also do things like //wall grass if you want to make a wall with a block type.
  • Need to copy and paste something? Mark two points, and then use //copy. Lets say you are two blocks away from the build when you use copy: when you //paste, it will paste two blocks away from you. So be sure to be where you want to be so it pastes in the right place.
    • There's also //rotate commands to rotate a build
  • Besides wand - you can do //pos1 and //pos2 if you want to set coordinates without a wand item
  • To undo an action, use //undo. To 'undo' an undo, use //redo

There is a lot to the WorldEdit system, but I hope this gives you a glimpse of what may be in store.

worldedit

Reaction score
thx i have a next question how to make a custom command like "@boom" to let something happen

MAXimumPain

Reaction score
thx i have a next question how to make a custom command like "@boom" to let something happen

Hey there!

Go to /dev on your plot and put down a player event, click "Plot and Server Events" and select "Player Command Event"

Next, put down an "If varliable" and set it to "Text Matches"

Then, take a game value, right click it, select "Event Values" and select "Event Command"

Now in the "if variable, text matches" put in the game value, next to it, put a text for the desired command, ex "boom". do NOT include the "@" in the text.

Next up you are free to do what you want the command to do inside the if variable brackets! If you have trouble, send me a message if im in game /msg MAXimumPain

Zyborg

Forum adept
Reaction score
This little dude will allow you to set two positions. First position: right click with it. Second position: left click with it.
First position: left click. Second position: right click

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
First position: left click. Second position: right click
Any position works as long as it's based on two click event types (left and right). Thus, any order works based on preference. Not really going in specific order for what position belongs to what click, just that you have to mark two positions for worldedit to use that in it's algorithms. I personally right click first for my first position, so I mentioned my preference. But if you want to change the order, that's up to you of course; this isn't really a professional guide though.

If anyone wants to read the official documentation though, it's here.

Last edited:

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
you mad lad right click is literally the same as //pos2 lol
It is. I am talking the first block or position of the sequence of what I am wanting to manipulate, not the worldedit order that correlates the click type with the type of pos (1 or 2). When we are talking about the plugin and how it is built - Mouse1 uses 'position 1' for whatever algorithm you are wanting to use. If I am doing cmd positions I usually //pos1 but if I use the wand, I use Mouse2.

When I say I use Mouse2 for my first position, I am talking about just in general, the first thing (or first position) I click is Mouse2, so I work my way backward if we are looking at how WorldEdit is built. But in general usually the first thing I mark is Mouse2, then Mouse1 for my very last click.

Nevertheless, it requires two positions, and it will work with the little guide I sent, and it is solely based on preference for which click order you want to use. If anyone wants to further assist him, you can, I will keep this thread unlocked. Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom