• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Reasonless TOS violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbaconbro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
you can just do this crazy thing called: scrolling up to previous messages???

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
Y'all be nice. About the doxxing sub discussion, I wrote the poorly worded forum rule, sorry about that, that's my fault! It's most likely up to mod discretion with what actually happens.. example, if you dox someone on the forums, they won't twice about banning the account. I used disable as a fancy term to be sorta vague. Oh and for doxxing in general, it's important to clarify that there isn't always a one-sized fits all for the rules, so we would often use rule extrapolation to cover complicated offenses!

We took action against doxxing offenses in the past, I was tied to a few moderation cases of it. It depends on the circumstances and context though, plus there's the mod boundary policy that was in kept in mind. Rule extrapolation is a thing we all used to cover complicated basis in order to protect the community from harm and so we could have justifiable authority on a matter. often they require a whole team discussion though as it has to be justified and fair, they're very careful about this. We do this because we can't always account for every specific violation if that makes sense, sometimes certain violations better fit in a group, other times it happened if we were in the midst of updating rules and had no basis (yet) to publish it because it'd often require enemorous team resources to finish off the review and revisions :)

Last edited:

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
It depends on the circumstances and context though
Very well said. But I don't think that me saying "northern ireland" in this photo to an IP address someone else sent is a perm ban worthy

Last edited:

Reason

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Very well said. But I don't think that me saying "northern ireland" in this photo to an IP address someone else sent is a perm ban worthy
View attachment 2622
Why is your first instinct upon seeing an IP that belongs to me (obtained via a database leak) is to immediately put it through a geolocation API and then send the location in the channel?

Secondly, why would you post this screenshot publically on the forums?

Raffius Taffius

Overlord
Reaction score
if the messages that weren't deleted were enough to get people banned, why would they need the deleted messages?
i feel like almost any of the messages could be "enough to get people banned" considering a portion of the "most incriminating evidence" used against people would normally result in just a warn or a short mute

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Secondly, why would you post this screenshot publically on the forums?
to show what I am talking about, ig 🤷‍♂️

Why is your first instinct upon seeing an IP that belongs to me (obtained via a database leak) is to immediately put it through a geolocation API and then send the location in the channel?
curiosity, and how could I have known that it was your ip and not just some random ip of a random website that duck posted?
I mean he posted a fake email too so i thought it wasn't yours

Reason

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
to show what I am talking about, ig 🤷‍♂️

curiosity, and how could I have known that it was your ip and not just some random ip of a random website that duck posted?
I mean he posted a fake email too so i thought it wasn't yours
That is one of the emails I own, mostly for spam / Google Drive / not doxing myself.

I didn't make the decision to punish you, the admins made that choice.

Baconiumo

Reaction score
generally i dont see why you should be in a discord server dedicated to making a place w no moderation, that just seems like a god awful idea n its not going to attract anyone whos particularly cool.

Raffius Taffius

Overlord
Reaction score
generally i dont see why you should be in a discord server dedicated to making a place w no moderation, that just seems like a god awful idea n its not going to attract anyone whos particularly cool.
funny how DFU became as moderated, if not more moderated than DF itself

Mipoxa

Mythic
Reaction score
You're posting this in a thread where the same moderation is accused of permanently banning a person for having a singular interaction with an ip address that was posted with zero context provided in a discord chat, safe to say if this accusation is true then there's nothing wrong with trying to avoid this kind of moderation.

Baconiumo

Reaction score
You're posting this in a thread where the same moderation is accused of permanently banning a person for having a singular interaction with an ip address that was posted with zero context provided in a discord chat, safe to say if this accusation is true then there's nothing wrong with trying to avoid this kind of moderation.
i really dont care what you have to say, given your history. regardless, it wouldn'tve happened if you didn't have the server regardless and someone didn't doxx someone, now would you have.
as I said, a server dedicated to not having any moderation is bound to bring bad actors
it did
now you deal with the consequences

Reason

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
"zero context"

Raffius Taffius

Overlord
Reaction score
can someone pull up the screenshot of that convo again to confirm whether or not there was any context given to the ip when it was sent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom