• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Remove Rule 4.4 (Alternate Account Abuse)

The Cube

Reaction score
I know, I know, a player with a questionable punishment history on the server is saying a rule they don’t agree with should be removed. Downvote. But please hear me out for a second - this rule is now (and actually has been for a while) obsolete and, while it used to stop people trying to pay less for more, it actually doesn’t do that anymore, but rather does the opposite.

Plot prices were reduced a while back (in part thanks to yours truly mentioning it smile) and before then, this rule actually made sense. In the case of any rank, you’d get much more bang for your buck compared to just buying plots. It makes complete sense that it was a rule. Was, being the key word here.

But now, with reduced plot prices, that’s changed. For each rank, here’s the equivalent price if you just bought plots:
  • Noble - $9, meaning $6 for the actual features
  • Emperor - $31, meaning $9 for features (Emperor is amazing value to be honest)
  • Mythic - $40, meaning $25 for features
  • Overlord - $69, meaning $31 for features (Nice.)

“Okay, but well, you still get the rank features!”... except those are useless if it’s an alt. If an Overlord gets Overlord on an alt, that $31 goes down the drain… since they already have the features on their main, and could have just spent $69 for the same benefits, without the hassle of two accounts!

“You technically spend $2 less since you get a free basic!” $2, that just so happens to be easily subtractable from the $6 to $31 that go down the drain. The only case DF loses money is if you purchase no rank, which is an extremely narrow case.

Realistically, the rule serves no purpose now, and in fact the server generates more revenue if the players break this rule. So why have it?

General_Mudkip

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
The alternate account rule (4.4) covers a lot more than just gaining plots relatively cheaply. If we were to do anything about it, we would probably change the section concerning gaining plots. Even then, I've never seen that particular clause be reinforced so I'm not sure if there's any issue with someone actually breaking it.

EDIT; Had a look at it with ryanroo, this rule generally applies to joining with a lot of accounts and claiming tons of plots all at once. I'm pretty sure that this doesn't have anything to do with buying ranks on alternate accounts. It's hard to break this rule without actively trying to, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Last edited:

The Cube

Reaction score
The alternate account rule (4.4) covers a lot more than just gaining plots relatively cheaply. If we were to do anything about it, we would probably change the section concerning gaining plots. Even then, I've never seen that particular clause be reinforced so I'm not sure if there's any issue with someone actually breaking it.
Fair, I hadn't considered stuff such as using it in gameplay for a plot just as an example, so yeah you're right

Jeremaster

Owner
Owner
Reaction score
To add on to General_Mudkip's clarification, the rule does not prohibit purchasing ranks, plots, or boosters on alternate accounts. The idea of this section of the rule is to prevent people from farming free plots by using many different accounts. (Imagine I join with 10 alts and "rent" all their plots to my main account). Minecraft accounts are a lot more expensive than basic plots, so this is only effective for people using alt-dispensing services which provide stolen accounts.

Top Bottom