• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Short DF Rant

Max

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree it was a good marketing move, there are a few things in hindsight that would have been better, but I think the performance of the video exceeded expectations lol
I mean yeah, hindsight is 20/20, but ofc at the time it was most likely the best move, and exceeding expectations is a good thing. Afterall, DiamondFire is a business, who's main concern is to make as much money as possible (though Jere puts effort into making sure the experience on the server is the best it can be before thinking about how to make money, and afaik most if not all of the money goes back into the server). The maturity of the new players was
a) A little unexpected considering the nature of commandgeek's content
and b) Not even considered when calculating the risk/reward for this partnership

Feathers McGraw

Reaction score
While a lot of games people are making aren't that great, it's only going to improve. Like you said, when we all first joined df, we weren't that great. Eventually, we got good. There are a lot of bad games rn, but that's because there's a huge amount of new players. In a few months, when the playerbase gets comfortable with the coding system, we're gonna see a massive wave of better plots.

realRoforbYT

Forum adept
Reaction score
I mean yeah, hindsight is 20/20, but ofc at the time it was most likely the best move, and exceeding expectations is a good thing. Afterall, DiamondFire is a business, who's main concern is to make as much money as possible (though Jere puts effort into making sure the experience on the server is the best it can be before thinking about how to make money, and afaik most if not all of the money goes back into the server). The maturity of the new players was
a) A little unexpected considering the nature of commandgeek's content
and b) Not even considered when calculating the risk/reward for this partnership
After reading this I went and watched his video. First He didn't mention that some of the code blocks he used were paid with tokens or locked behind a rank. Second he forgot to mention build mode (probably obvious that it exists though). Lastly he didn't metion that world edit is locked behind Nobel rank (he used it in the video but didn't mention it). I would say a lot of what things do was watered down and some stuff or wasn't mentioned at all like the number value (my most used value on DF) and many systems he used on Diamond Fire. In conclusion his fanbase was given little info about making games so they are making awful games.

Max

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
After reading this I went and watched his video. First He didn't mention that some of the code blocks he used were paid with tokens or locked behind a rank. Second he forgot to mention build mode (probably obvious that it exists though). Lastly he didn't metion that world edit is locked behind Nobel rank (he used it in the video but didn't mention it). I would say a lot of what things do was watered down and some stuff or wasn't mentioned at all like the number value (my most used value on DF) and many systems he used on Diamond Fire. In conclusion his fanbase was given little info about making games so they are making awful games.
It isn't up to him to teach his fan base how to code. That's what the support system is for. If it wasn't watered down, it becomes boring. His first priority was to make entertaining content to share of df's existence and not much else, in which he succeeded

D

Deleted member 467

I cannot wait to see the trending page full of skyminers as if it already isn't!

Top Bottom