• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashli

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Introduction:
I've made some recent suggestions regarding rules, which there are a few problems with the rules yes. But I think that the underlying problem is with the staff on the server. This post is a collection of mine and others' experiences with staff.
Me and some others have discussed this, and staff have an insane bias towards other staff, and can literally break rules and get no punishment.

(Note: I'm not trying to throw shade at any of these people, I'm using their incidents to arrive at a conclusion, not to damn any of them)

Incidents:
sekksy:
sekksy was banned for placing a NSFW map on his whitelisted plot. (This makes sense), then,
Penguinz22 (Who was staff at the time) places a NSFW map on his plot, and receives no punishment when an admin (Might have been Jere, can't remember) saw it. (Except being asked to remove it)

BupBoi:
BupBoi was tempbanned from the DF Discord by Dubinzi for saying "Santa isn't real." Nonsense.

SludsVEVO: (Longer since I was involved)
SludsVEVO was harassing caution in discord DMs, constantly bullying him. For reference, Caution made a generic mining game.
Sluds was repeatedly telling caution to give him full credit for his mining plot because it "copied" Mining Legends, which is years-old, and was generally being very rude on provocative. He then posted his screenshots in a discord server known as frog bog (Which is mostly staff members) and was saying some really bad things about caution, along with the other members (Some of which were staff).
When reported to Numero, it's passed over to ryanroo2, who goes silent for two weeks and says it was handled privately.
(A bit after this, sluds was promoted to mod, and sluds had credit on caution's plot despite doing nothing)
(Also worth noting is Caution was talking about feeling depressed, which I believe is likely related to sluds' bullying)

NoahLikesPi:
My friend was messing around with his alt on his one basic, and NoahLikesPi joins the plot and starts abusing /fly. Noah was asked to stop several times by my friend, and responded mockingly, and didn't stop. From Noah's perspective, he was abusing fly on a new player's plot against their will. Great staff.
Noah wasn't punished. (Staff acknowledged the situation and said what he did wasn't punishable somehow)

Analysis:
Staff can get away with bullying, abuse, and literally putting NSFW content, with absolutely no punishments or warnings or anything at all.
On the other hand, regular players can get warned and banned for the slightest offenses.
There is insane staff bias and staff members need to be held to be held accountable for their actions or else the staff will continue doing these ridiculous actions.

Closing:
One final thing I want to talk about is staff promotions. There is bias in promotions as well.
A friend of mine, cedric, applied for staff recently and to be honest their coding knowledge isn't that expansive. They were denied for inadequate code.
Another person I know, Maximization, hangs out in the discord server from earlier, frog bog, which is filled with staff. I remember being in a call with him a week or so before he was promoted and he didn't know how to use variables. I believe that his coding ability came second to his relation with staff.
(Once again, not trying to throw shade at Max, I'm using his case to support my argument)

No matter what angle you look at it, there is staff bias everywhere in DF, and something NEEDS to be done about it, otherwise these incidents will keep popping up. (I truly believe that these incidents happen because staff feel like they aren't accountable for their actions. Because right now at least, they aren't.)

Last edited:

Wobber

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
BupBoi:
BupBoi was tempbanned from the DF Discord by Dubinzi for saying "Santa isn't real." Nonsense.
LMFAO WHAT
but really, there is a true staff bias. something needs to be done about this. there needs to be a way to punish staff a bit more, especially in the given cases. the moderator rank needs to be handed out less sparingly, and I recommend that we bring back the staff vouch feature for moderators only.

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Finally someone makes a great list like this! It sucks that this server favors staff like this, because it is so fun, and would be more fun if staff were held to the same standards as everyone else!

ryanroo2

Staff Manager
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Sean! As a staff manager I try to listen and rule fairly on any complaints I receive. None of these incidents have been brought to my attention, and I have been left unaware of these situations. There may be a possible exception to the NoahLikesPi incident, but without more context I can't say for sure. It would be great if you would please send me a DM here on the forums or on Discord with proof of each of these incidents, and I will take care of them. In the case of Sluds I could just be forgetting it (forgive me, I have many things that I get sent and have to remember), but I am willing to look into it again.

In terms of staff bias, I can also guarantee that is not the case. In the promotion of Maximization, what led me to want to promote him was his obvious willingness to learn and to help. He had been seen on multiple occasions helping people in the queue when other support were busy in sessions already or not online. MrA and I both look over applications before letting experts see them as well, usually rejecting ones we don't feel fit the role. This means that applicants who make it to the expert stage have our approval, but we get the second opinion from experts to get a sense of their involvement in the community and to also judge their code. In Maximization's case, his community involvement was better than a very large majority of other apps we have seen, and his code wasn't exceptional, but we collectively felt that with some work, Maximization would do well, and I think that has shown to be the case. It should also be noted that we do take into account and are aware any staff bias that does into decisions for JrHelpers, and try to make it as fair as possible, with opinions for approval or not backed with sound reasoning and solid evidence. I won't deny that a case like this is unusual, and we haven't seen many like it before. It is important though, that we gauge not only coding ability, but community involvement/reputation, history, and potential. These factors can also be weighted differently based on support team needs, such as if the team is full or is lacking in numbers, as well as considering how many applicants we have.

I hope that this can provide some answers and clear up any confusion you have, and you are free to DM me with any other concerns.

Last edited:

Ashli

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'll send the proof asap

titedog

Reaction score
How was BupBoi banned for saying "Santa isn't real"

RolandMC123

Forum adept
Reaction score
Here's my opinion. (I've edited this message a few times since I found out new things about it)

1. sekksy
Sekksy has been known to place and give others NSFW maps / heads, plus filter bypassing a lot of times. While I do agree that sometimes the bans aren't really fair and biased, sekksy deserved to get banned when he did. I don't know much about Penguinz22.

2. BupBoi_
Wasn't BupBoi also the one which at one point supported MarcusRoman and started working on a DF clone with him? Unless he was banned after that whole thing, then it might have played a role? Don't know. Nevermind, I just found out this is from 2017 by Dubinzi. Why bring up such old arguments? Also, he was only kicked from the Discord, not banned.

3. sludsVEVO
I don't know anything about this incident.

4. NoahLikesPi
I agree with this partly. Noah has been known to fly abuse (there have even been memes made about this), so I do believe the Staff Managers should talk about it. Anyways, in the next patch /fly will be disabled outside of support sessions, so there'll be no need to worry about that anymore. There have also been occasions when staff HAVE been punished for it (like RyanLand, although he was reinstated later on).

Last edited:

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
Penguinz22 (Who was staff at the time) places a NSFW map on his plot, and receives no punishment when an admin (Might have been Jere, can't remember) saw it. (Except being asked to remove it)
Daedalus was there

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
NoahLikesPi:
My friend was messing around with his alt on his one basic, and NoahLikesPi joins the plot and starts abusing /fly. Noah was asked to stop several times by my friend, and responded mockingly, and didn't stop. From Noah's perspective, he was abusing fly on a new player's plot against their will. Great staff.
Noah wasn't punished. (Staff acknowledged the situation and said what he did wasn't punishable somehow)
you also like to ignore the fact that daddychill was using Creative Kill Pots. Dragging him down into the pit with me.

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
From Noah's perspective, he was abusing fly on a new player's plot against their will. Great staff.
from my perspective, I was abusing fly on a plot where I get NO ADVANTAGES, and I found out it was daddychill, Dc and I are not currently in good relation to each other.

Also adding this:

I joined with the intention that the guy was a new player to the server (from my memory it was an alex) with no rank, cp level, nada.
When I joined and he levitation potted me, I was going to play a joke and kinda "surprise" the non and get a little laugh.
Unfortunately I did not get funnies and hahas and I found out it was daddychill and blah blah blah I was annoyed and we know the rest

^^^^^^

Does this justify it?
HELL NO

Reflecting on this situation now, yes it was stupid, I should've stopped when dc asked me to.

Last edited:

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
One final thing I want to talk about is staff promotions. There is bias in promotions as well.
this i agree with but you might need better points to back this one up

Wobber

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Daedalus was there
you also like to ignore the fact that daddychill was using Creative Kill Pots. Dragging him down into the pit with me.
from my perspective, I was abusing fly on a plot where I get NO ADVANTAGES, and I found out it was daddychill, Dc and I are not currently in good relation to each other.
this i agree with but you might need better points to back this one up
keep it in one post Noah, could be seen as flooding

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
There may be a possible exception to the NoahLikesPi incident, but without more context I can't say for sure.
I asked in #staffchat if I was ok and I just received a yes I believe. People like frog did warn me to try not to do it cause of like that incident, can cause unnecessary tension.

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
I asked in #staffchat if I was ok and I just received a yes I believe. People like frog did warn me to try not to do it cause of like that incident, can cause unnecessary tension.
but the staff manager trumps the people in staffchat

Ashli

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Here's my opinion. (I've edited this message a few times since I found out new things about it)

1. sekksy
Sekksy has been known to place and give others NSFW maps / heads, plus filter bypassing a lot of times. While I do agree that sometimes the bans aren't really fair and biased, sekksy deserved to get banned when he did. I don't know much about Penguinz22.

2. BupBoi_
Wasn't BupBoi also the one which at one point supported MarcusRoman and started working on a DF clone with him? Unless he was banned after that whole thing, then it might have played a role? Don't know. Nevermind, I just found out this is from 2017 by Dubinzi. Why bring up such old arguments? Also, he was only kicked from the Discord, not banned.

3. sludsVEVO
I don't know anything about this incident.

4. NoahLikesPi
I agree with this partly. Noah has been known to fly abuse (there have even been memes made about this), so I do believe the Staff Managers should talk about it. Anyways, in the next patch /fly will be disabled outside of support sessions, so there'll be no need to worry about that anymore. There have also been occasions when staff HAVE been punished for it (like RyanLand, although he was reinstated later on).

1. sekksy did deserve to be banned, yes. Penguinz22 should have also been punished. But literally nothing happened because they were staff.

2. I was informed that Bup was banned, not kicked. My mistake.

4. Have they also removed whitelist bypass out of sessions like they said they would?

RolandMC123

Forum adept
Reaction score
I don't think promotions are biased. All the staff with less coding experience when they began (action35, Maximization) which the managers promoted with "bias" weren't known at all in the community.

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
if you look at the clip, ( i believe it was the 1st slot ) he completely stops recording and then uses that kill pot to kill me, Huhuu_ was on the node at the time, I hope he remembers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom