• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
Here's my final opinon:

1. sekksy
Peng showed me the original file for that importmap, yes they should've been punished. (They also mentioned Daedalus was there)

2. BupBoi_
Sounds like Dubinzi yeah.

3. sludsVEVO
The first half seemed like something outside the staff's jurisdiction so I didn't care for it. Then the staff team got involved and then it just becomes stupid. I never agreed with sluds during this period and I still don't. Sluds didn't invent the mining game category and Caution, no matter how bad or good he is, shouldn't have to credit sluds.

Sluds also had the Tiberius210 ban incident. I never agreed with this ban as well. The reasoning the bad and there's a lack of evidence for Tib to be banned for. Luckily S4nders unbanned him.

4. I
Yes, I should've been punished. Yes there is likely bias in the system. I wasn't punished because it didn't give me an advantage nor was it in malicious intent. (Someone else's words not mine). That is why i wasn't punished as of now.

Ashli

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
if you look at the clip, ( i believe it was the 1st slot ) he completely stops recording and then uses that kill pot to kill me, Huhuu_ was on the node at the time, I hope he remembers
huh

Ashli

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Here's my final opinon:

1. sekksy
Peng showed me the original file for that importmap, yes they should've been punished. (They also mentioned Daedalus was there)

2. BupBoi_
Sounds like Dubinzi yeah.

3. sludsVEVO
The first half seemed like something outside the staff's jurisdiction so I didn't care for it. Then the staff team got involved and then it just becomes stupid. I never agreed with sluds during this period and I still don't. Sluds didn't invent the mining game category and Caution, no matter how bad or good he is, shouldn't have to credit sluds.

Sluds also had the Tiberius210 ban incident. I never agreed with this ban as well. The reasoning the bad and there's a lack of evidence for Tib to be banned for. Luckily S4nders unbanned him.

4. I
Yes, I should've been punished. Yes there is likely bias in the system. I wasn't punished because it didn't give me an advantage nor was it in malicious intent. (Someone else's words not mine). That is why i wasn't punished as of now.
I agree for the most part, the reason I feel like sluds situation relates is because it's a staff member. If it were a normal player, it would still suck but not be a df issue.
This was a staff member harassing and bullying another player privately in an attempt to get credit for something he didn't do, and then posting their DMs and talking bad about them with several other staff members behind their back. Saying some awful things.

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
1. sekksy
nobody else saw it though, it was bad but its not like he was showing people, it was just him and people he trusted. Afaik he wasn't even caught because it bothered someone and they reported, he was caught another way...

Ashli

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
nobody else saw it though, it was bad but its not like he was showing people, it was just him and people he trusted. Afaik he wasn't even caught because it bothered someone and they reported, he was caught another way...
Either way Peng broke a rule. It was pasted on an importmap on their plot.
Sekksy's plot was whitelisted and he was punished. Afaik he wasn't showing people.

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Either way Peng broke a rule. It was pasted on an importmap on their plot.
Sekksy's plot was whitelisted and he was punished. Afaik he wasn't showing people.
I think he showed close friends, but not many people...

Jeremaster

Owner
Owner
Reaction score
1. sekksy did deserve to be banned, yes. Penguinz22 should have also been punished. But literally nothing happened because they were staff.

Actually, I personally addressed this situation (an NSFW /importmap on Node Beta back in April) when it was brought to my attention. Penguinz22 took full responsibility and apologized. The offending maps had already been removed shortly after they were imported. Peng was issued a 24-hour tempban for the infraction.

1606891789963.png

Ashli

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Actually, I personally addressed this situation (an NSFW /importmap on Node Beta back in April) when it was brought to my attention. Penguinz22 took full responsibility and apologized. The offending maps had already been removed shortly after they were imported. Peng was issued a 24-hour tempban for the infraction.

View attachment 330
Only 24 hours?

ryanroo2

Staff Manager
Administrator
Reaction score
Over the past couple days I have talked with Demonition about the cases he brought up.

1. Sekksy & Penguinz - It was found in this case that Penguinz did in fact receive a punishment (as shown by Jere earlier in the thread).

2. Bupboi & Dubinzi - It was found that this was a kick from 2017, not a ban.

3. Sluds & Caution - The events of this took place outside of DF jurisdiction. It has always been policy that we only punish for things that happen in the DF domain, that being the forums, the discord, and the server. The staff team will know that I don't approve of arguments between staff and players, but regardless, that also isn't my business if it takes place outside of DiamondFire. This has always been the case for any punishments, only breaking this when it hits extremes, and I do not believe this case to be one. I should note that I was brought the screenshots regarding this earlier, I just forgot them, and I do apologize for that.

4. NoahLikesPi - I was never brought anything about this at the time, and it should have been. We have seen Noah apologize in this thread, and I will accept that, especially with how little info I am able to be provided on this situation. He and I both know that any further cases of this will not be tolerated.

I have addressed staff bias in my original reply here: "In terms of staff bias, I can also guarantee that is not the case. In the promotion of Maximization, what led me to want to promote him was his obvious willingness to learn and to help. He had been seen on multiple occasions helping people in the queue when other support were busy in sessions already or not online. MrA and I both look over applications before letting experts see them as well, usually rejecting ones we don't feel fit the role. This means that applicants who make it to the expert stage have our approval, but we get the second opinion from experts to get a sense of their involvement in the community and to also judge their code. In Maximization's case, his community involvement was better than a very large majority of other apps we have seen, and his code wasn't exceptional, but we collectively felt that with some work, Maximization would do well, and I think that has shown to be the case. It should also be noted that we do take into account and are aware any staff bias that does into decisions for JrHelpers, and try to make it as fair as possible, with opinions for approval or not backed with sound reasoning and solid evidence. I won't deny that a case like this is unusual, and we haven't seen many like it before. It is important though, that we gauge not only coding ability, but community involvement/reputation, history, and potential. These factors can also be weighted differently based on support team needs, such as if the team is full or is lacking in numbers, as well as considering how many applicants we have."

In the future, if you ever have an issue with a staff member or staff processes, please bring your concerns to me, at least to confirm if I was even made aware of a case. I try to be as fair as possible according to the rules that we have set up.

I will be locking this thread with permission from Demonition as I feel that nothing more can be gained from this thread seeing as all cases have been resolved in one form or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom