• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Target Display Block Location (Game Value)

pixlii

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
I recently made a plot called clientside building, and you guessed it, you get to build with display blocks. one problem i ran into while coding it is that it's very hard to tell if a player is targeting a display block, and the location of said display block. i propose that a new game value be made: Target Display Block Location (and possibly the accompanying Target Display Block Side). it would function similarly to the preexisting Target Block Location, telling you the location of a players targeted block, but it would work to include display blocks as well. (Target Display Block Side would tell you what of the block is selected.) very simple but very useful.

JustSticky

Overlord
Reaction score
I don't think there is a Vanilla way to check if a player is looking at a specific client-side block, so this might not be possible. Because the block is client-side, that means the server (probably) cant see them. They can only be placed by the server, not checked.

pixlii

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
I don't think there is a Vanilla way to check if a player is looking at a specific client-side block, so this might not be possible. Because the block is client-side, that means the server (probably) cant see them. They can only be placed by the server, not checked.
In my game, I made a system that stored every display block in a list, and then used a raycast-type system to tell where the block should be placed. Maybe a system like that could be used?

JustSticky

Overlord
Reaction score
That could essentially work, if stored correctly... But, client-side blocks are buggy and disappear occasionally when right clicked.

Top Bottom