• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Toxicity (2/???) (might be more to come)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroWolf

Forum adept
Reaction score
If you haven't already noticed, I made a post talking about the plot Sputt time, which I labelled as "Toxic" but didn't give any context as to what really makes it toxic. I suggest you read that post to understand the points that will be made here as this is a follow up/continuation of that thread.

I would first like to make it clear that while it isn't possible to control the toxic levels that have become of diamondfire, it is no secret that the levels of toxicity have been on going. In saying that, I'd like to say that I believe Sputt is right; toxicity is apart of PvP games, people get mad and you cant control others. However, It is also brave that Sputt acknowledged it and took accountability. Furthermore Refrizor had commented on that thread stating that toxicity has been a multi long issue that is on-going and is like a neverending cycle. Sputt had no intentions to make a toxic game, but the downfall is that PvP does tend to bring out the worst in the player, it isn't what anyone wants.

Secondly, while Sputt cannot be held responsible for the playerbase and their individual actions, I believe that the moderators and those who can, have the ability to help the conversation move towards a positive and solution-thinking direction, instead of saying, "There is nothing we can do, end of discussion." There is something you can do, if you at least try and take matters into your own hands and make something of it. Whether that be acknowledging a fellow player disrespecting another player, we as the player could try and supress the situation temporarly until a higher up handles it.

Finally whether it be a joking matter or just a normal thing for you, it is easy to offend someone without even knowing it. Words speak clearer than actions. I believe that DiamondFire is and has been toxic and while not many people seem to care much for it, it is like cleaning the world of pollution. You can't stop it, but you can limit it.

Previous Post

ARMcPro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
instead of saying, "There is nothing we can do, end of discussion."
They can actually do something to the toxic players, with the new rules, there was a rule added banning toxicity. In previous times, yes, they were right because there was no rule that specified toxicity, they could only punish those who said something like "I will <some swear word> you" or "KYS", but now there is a new rule called Toxicity (1.4a), which should make the toxicity become uncommon now.

superbaconbro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
your one to talk
With all due respect. But please, humor me not in public. It's less embarrassing that way. Considering you're still thinking about what happened rather than forgiving me, especially when I made public statements apologizing for my harsh words, I'd think you're one to talk. Clearly you did not get the sarcasm.

Also... and I do add this to correct your atrocious grammar, but please use "you're" next time. These kinds of changes clarify your speech and makes it seem as if I am not possessing a "one to talk" but that I am "one to talk." Seriously, go back to being a PhoenixFire wannabe, with your constant, snarky, comments.

PhoenixFire18

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
With all due respect. But please, humor me not in public. It's less embarrassing that way. Considering you're still thinking about what happened rather than forgiving me, especially when I made public statements apologizing for my harsh words, I'd think you're one to talk. Clearly you did not get the sarcasm.

Also... and I do add this to correct your atrocious grammar, but please use "you're" next time. These kinds of changes clarify your speech and makes it seem as if I am not possessing a "one to talk" but that I am "one to talk." Seriously, go back to being a PhoenixFire wannabe, with your constant, snarky, comments.
your one to talk

superbaconbro

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Listen, I'm just done with it all. I seriously can't handle you lot.
Can we get someone to lock this (sludsVEVO i see you please)

sludsVEVO

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I've played the game myself; it's a rage inducing gameplay loop for sure but at the end of the day any toxicity is the fault of the player, not the game.

As players what you can do to help is report any toxic behavior that you see, whether that be on the discord, the forums, or the website. Minor punishments add up and consistently toxic players are punished accordingly for their actions.

With that I am going to lock this thread because I don't want the petty arguing to escalate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom