• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Updated DF Trailer!

General_Mudkip

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
Looks awesome! The music and clips are great. Only thing I'd improve upon is maybe the text? White text + drop shadow looks better than red with a border. Hope version 3 is even better!!

Frosty

Support staff
Support
Reaction score
Nice trailer, but the red text that shrinks quickly is hard to read, and I think the dramatic approach to this trailer really just isn't fitting for DiamondFire. Otherwise, cool video!

Elite_HuntsMan

Reaction score
Looks awesome! The music and clips are great. Only thing I'd improve upon is maybe the text? White text + drop shadow looks better than red with a border. Hope version 3 is even better!!
Thanks! Yea the text was difficult for me to get right I agree I dont like it either it just doesnt fit, but 3.0 will be awesome! :P

Max

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is a nice trailer! There are a couple criticisms I could provide, but there's obviously talent here. Good job!

LooserRIP

Notorious member
Overlord
Reaction score
Great trailer! Going to give some constructive criticism though:
Pros:
-Great trailer overall
-Camera positions are awesome
-Editing is fantastic

Cons:
-Trailer lacks pacing
Every trailer needs to have pacing; setting up stages for itself so that it can explain its idea better,
every sort of trailer has a different generic construct of stages, game trailers are usually built with "Cold open, Introduction, Escalation, Climax, Button), i'd suggest at least a basic shape for the pacing of the trailer to explain what diamondfire is in further detail.

-Overall feel doesn't fit DiamondFire
DiamondFire is usually known as a more relaxed place, while the trailer is having dark lighting, suspenseful music, and dramatic cuts it is misrepresenting what DiamondFire actually is, and from the trailer i'd think it's more of a hardcore PvP server.
I'd suggest having a narration or some sort of explanation to what you do with the server, usually try keeping it minimal (such as "Make your own minigames!")

-Minor Details
Camera rotates a lot which usually is a bad thing (Unless done artistically with stuff like the rule of thirds)
the font for the "Diamond" and "Fire" shown in the cuts was unfitting and looked very flat, also it moved in a linear motion instead of the smooth motion that the camera positions have (also the background was completely black)

Overall great trailer but i'd love to see those 3 cons improved. Can't wait to see version 3! 🙂

Max

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you! I would like to hear the critique you have as it helps me improve!
Hi! My main gripe with this is the text. Instead of using strokes to make your text appear above everything else, you used out of place colors that make it look flimsy. What I do is use white text with a colored stroke with a width of 10.

Another thing is that it doesn't really fit the vibe of diamondfire well. Diamondfire is more of a chill place, though this is less important because you probably just made this for fun lol

Another thing is that the camera movement feels clunky and unnatural. I can't provide any help here because I legit don't know how to use replay mod for my life.

You can take a look at the (official) trailer I made here:

UltraCraftGames

Notorious member
Reaction score
Hey a long time ago I posted a trailer for DF. I now decided to make an updated one cause why not. Let me know what you think!
The only way i can describe this trailer is with this:
"sometimes the toads must go to toad prison for their horrid goblin crimes"

Requals

Disabled
Overlord
Reaction score
Create anything you want and become a pro!!!!! Like using control:end after every single if statement!!!

Top Bottom