• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Webrequests, please explain i want to learn it and how to use it

UserUNP

Reaction score
i really want to learn how to use webrequest ples
ples
ples
ples
ples
ples
ples
thanks

fallow

Reaction score
You need to know javascript if you wanna make a web server to use web request with. Also, you can't actually retrive information with web request, but you can still do some cool stuff. Anyways, it's just super complicated that you need actual coding experience for.

General_Mudkip

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
You need to know javascript if you wanna make a web server to use web request with. Also, you can't actually retrive information with web request, but you can still do some cool stuff. Anyways, it's just super complicated that you need actual coding experience for.
Yes, but there's also Game Action: Send Discord Webhook, which is significantly easier to use. I'm sure someone has (or will) make a tutorial on how to use them, but as of now unless you know that you need webrequests then you likely don't really need to know how to use them.

1pe

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You would need to use node.js and some express if you wanted to make a webserver that does anything remotely useful

UserUNP

Reaction score
ik that i have to have JS Knowledge,
this is diamondfire, not normal java
im saying how do i type it out, if you can give me examples pleaz

fallow

Reaction score
Tutorial

I should probably mention that it's not just javascript, it's node.js.
Before you go off copying all the code, there is more to a web server than just "type code, boom". You have to host it, which is a big pain, and unless you want your IP leaked you have to find a third party. Then you have to do stuff with the information, like store it in a database or whatever, which is also a pain. The whole thing is just a pain that isn't worth it.

General_Mudkip

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
Before you go off copying all the code, there is more to a web server than just "type code, boom". You have to host it, which is a big pain, and unless you want your IP leaked you have to find a third party. Then you have to do stuff with the information, like store it in a database or whatever, which is also a pain. The whole thing is just a pain that isn't worth it.
Life is pain.

1pe

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Tutorial

Also copy pasting code isnt a good way to learn as it will hinder you in the long run

RolandMC123

Forum adept
Reaction score
Also, you can use web requests with other websites or APIs other than ones you make yourself. They're mostly used for Discord, though.

1pe

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
s

wait github pages can run web servers? i thought it was only apache/whatever the common thing is called
ur right my bad github pages is for static websites

Top Bottom