• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

What if...?

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
A post where you say what if <feature> was in DiamondFire?

Format: What if ____ in DiamondFire?
Also say how you think it would affect DF.

Thought of this in my head and I would like to see how it goes

Wobber

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
What if a good king plot was in DF?

sbot50

Reaction score
what if getting stuff from web was in df?
You could make a web dB and store vars there.
Currency between pots so you can have bigger plots spending over 2.

What if plot transferring was in df?
You could have big plots with multiple builds.
Maybe 1 plot is a whole nether section.
Another is a city.

LooserRIP

Notorious member
Overlord
Reaction score
what if 500x500 plots were on DF?
On the technical side we would get tons of annoying light glitches, and clearing a plot would lagspike the server for like a second.

On the community side, we would get bigger projects that people liek Reasonless will make, and definitely way more ambitious failures,
I'd say we would also get a continuation to a plot like ID3 made on a 500x500. the plots would cause confusion to the community at first, some people will definitely complain about "Why do we need these??" or "Why do they cost money and not credits??" and some others will love the new concept and try and incorperate it into an idea, we would DEFINITELY get a survival plot like "The first 500x500 survival plot" from someone and it would become VERY popular for a short amount of time. soon or later, about 4 months after the update, everyone on DF will be familiar with the new plots, people who join DF after a long break will still be a bit confused and excited but it'll overall fit DF.

That's my idea.

sbot50

Reaction score
On the technical side we would get tons of annoying light glitches, and clearing a plot would lagspike the server for like a second.

On the community side, we would get bigger projects that people liek Reasonless will make, and definitely way more ambitious failures,
I'd say we would also get a continuation to a plot like ID3 made on a 500x500. the plots would cause confusion to the community at first, some people will definitely complain about "Why do we need these??" or "Why do they cost money and not credits??" and some others will love the new concept and try and incorperate it into an idea, we would DEFINITELY get a survival plot like "The first 500x500 survival plot" from someone and it would become VERY popular for a short amount of time. soon or later, about 4 months after the update, everyone on DF will be familiar with the new plots, people who join DF after a long break will still be a bit confused and excited but it'll overall fit DF.

That's my idea.
Nice

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
we would DEFINITELY get a survival plot like "The first 500x500 survival plot" from someone and it would become VERY popular for a short amount of time
Huh... that is interesting. You gave me some ideas :p

EmeralDev

Forum adept
Reaction score

That's my idea.
Actually, I think adding a 500x500 plot would be pretty unnecessary since it's not even 3x as large area-wise, and less than 2x as large length-wise. Instead, I think a 1000x1000 plot would be better, especially since the devs are thinking of making all plots have their own servers (idk if they still are, but they were). This would allow for WAY better survival plots, since currently with a 300x300, survivals are forced to use the y-axis, meaning that more survivals with a void would appear. If there's a void, you can't collect resources from the plot itself, so you would have to use some other form of getting them, most likely a generator. Generators aren't exactly bad but they can make the game feel more like a clicker plot than a survival. Having a 1000x1000 plot would encourage more Minecraft-style survivals, instead of generator survivals.

General_Mudkip

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
Not a Dev, but:

I'm pretty sure that with the new world formats in development plots would be able to support much larger spaces as entities and lighting would be handled differently. The main issue that's stopping plots larger than 300x300 being made is mostly just loading and lag issues.

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
y'all have very interesting ideas

Top Bottom