• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Why people don't like the staff team (and how it could be fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Again, we certainly try but there are some situations that we can't ignore. We have a rule that allows for choices solely based on moderator discretion outside of the rules, but this has only been used 2-3 times in the past few years. It's not something that we take lightly and we do a lot of discussion before actually acting on anything that requires us to "make up" a rule.
Then define jurisdiction in the rules, because it’s incredibly inconsistent to not punish for leaked vps info, but punish for a mean paragraph

General_Mudkip

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
Then define jurisdiction in the rules, because it’s incredibly inconsistent to not punish for leaked vps info, but punish for a mean paragraph
We've already made it abundantly clear that we don't punish for direct messages at the moment. As I've said, there was little to no harm done as the situation was already resolved by the time we learned of it. I'm not sure what you're referring to by "mean paragraph" but any kind of disrespect or harassment that occurs on DiamondFire platforms are under our jurisdiction. We reserve the right to punish for those.

General_Mudkip

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
Yet leaking ips is not worse? You only care bc it was about you, leaking any info is way worse. If someone wants to say anything offensive outside df, that is not your place to moderate either. You are literally the most biased person to try and defend it too…
And saying that "You are literally the most biased person" without providing any proof doesn't help your case. Give us some examples of bias and we can explain our thought process.

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
We've already made it abundantly clear that we don't punish for direct messages at the moment. As I've said, there was little to no harm done as the situation was already resolved by the time we learned of it. I'm not sure what you're referring to by "mean paragraph" but any kind of disrespect or harassment that occurs on DiamondFire platforms are under our jurisdiction. We reserve the right to punish for those.
There was a paragraph written in a private server about maximization that got qorple banned

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
And saying that "You are literally the most biased person" without providing any proof doesn't help your case. Give us some examples of bias and we can explain our thought process.
Because the paragraph was about him, ofc he wants the person who wrote it published, you can’t just punish someone for being homophobic or racist outside of df

General_Mudkip

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
There was a paragraph written in a private server about maximization that got qorple banned
Because the paragraph was about him, ofc he wants the person who wrote it published, you can’t just punish someone for being homophobic or racist outside of df
The reasoning behind the ban was a lot more complex and involved a lot more than just one paragraph. He already had an extensive history and a reputation so we, as an entire team, decided that it would be better for the server if he were banned. As moderators we have to make decisions that benefit the entire server, even if that makes some people feel like they were unfairly treated. It's harsh but absolutely necessary if we want a community free of toxicity.

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
The reasoning behind the ban was a lot more complex and involved a lot more than just one paragraph. He already had an extensive history and a reputation so we, as an entire team, decided that it would be better for the server if he were banned. As moderators we have to make decisions that benefit the entire server, even if that makes some people feel like they were unfairly treated. It's harsh but absolutely necessary if we want a community free of toxicity.
Then don’t bring the paragraph into it. There were fair reasons to ban him and the paragraph was not a valid reason to bring up. It was deemed what pushed mods over the edge and there were a plethora of other valid reasons, yet you chose one that df shouldn’t have any authority to use, and is ultimately super inconsistent.

Requals

Disabled
Overlord
Reaction score
to sum it all up, Staff team RUINS fun.....

General_Mudkip

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
Then don’t bring the paragraph into it. There were fair reasons to ban him and the paragraph was not a valid reason to bring up. It was deemed what pushed mods over the edge and there were a plethora of other valid reasons, yet you chose one that df shouldn’t have any authority to use, and is ultimately super inconsistent.
This was one of the few times we actually decided to step outside our jurisdiction and took it as evidence. The rules of the Discord server and the Minecraft server do say that we have discretion when it comes to applying punishments.
Moderators reserve the right to punish any kind of behaviour seen as disruptive to the server or its community, even if it is not explicitly mentioned in the rules.
As I have said before, almost all of the punishments that are very severe (mutes and bans) will already have been discussed with at least 1 other mod before applying it. In the case of Qorple, it was a team wide discussion that lasted for a long time. I don't want to go into details out of respect for Qorple and out of confidentially but we do not use this rule lightly.
and is ultimately super inconsistent.
We're inconsistent with it because it's used so infrequently. There's a good reason behind our actions.

This is going off topic of what the original post was about, so if you want to discuss this further open a conversation with me or another member of the team.

Wobber

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
isn't qorple's ban reason LITERALLY autoclicking? also if you are about to defend qorple for this i just can't even anymore

Vulcano

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
isn't qorple's ban reason LITERALLY autoclicking? also if you are about to defend qorple for this i just can't even anymore
That is his mc ban. And I am not saying he should not have been banned, or that the paragraph was justified, merely that it was outside of df's domain, and should be outside of df's jurisdiction

Jeremaster

Owner
Owner
Reaction score
As was previously discussed on Discord, qorple was banned based on his actions on DF platforms. We did receive reports regarding his off-DF behavior, just as we've gotten many reports about various user's off-DF behavior. In qorple's case, and all those other cases, while we have had to consider all evidence presented to us, our final decision was made based on DF platform evidence only. I apologize that this was not effectively communicated, though I also suspect that those who were banned deliberately misled you to make you question their removal.

As for stuff such as Discord DM spam advertising, that's considered an on-DF infraction as it involves using a DiamondFire platform to obtain a list of users to send spam to. That is obviously using DiamondFire in an improper way. However it is unreasonable to expect the DiamondFire mod team to resolve all interpersonal conflicts just because the people involved happen to be DiamondFire members.

As this is a public forum I do not think it is appropriate to discuss the specific details of a player's ban, or ongoing moderation situations. It seems as though that is the main purpose of this thread, so it will be locked. If you have further questions regarding staff policy, I encourage you to reach out to @ryanroo2 or @MrAwesome0024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom