• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Will Creator Points (CP) Be Replaced?

kindors

Reaction score
I've been developing games for a while when the creator points were deleted, they have been a large part of why I made games because I wanted to see how I improve and if people like my game. So obviously I was sad when they got removed, I was wondering if the development team has any plans to add them back or create something to replace them.
thanks in advance.

MrPiggy105

Emperor
Reaction score
Yep, I am relatively new to DF but have heard that creator points are good and that everyone misses them. I want something like them back, even just to try them.

Although even if they are not added or replaced, why were they removed?

Raffius Taffius

Overlord
Reaction score
Yep, I am relatively new to DF but have heard that creator points are good and that everyone misses them. I want something like them back, even just to try them.

Although even if they are not added or replaced, why were they removed?
That's literally the complete opposite, I've heard everyone saying creator points are bad and that no one misses them.

Jeremaster

Owner
Owner
Reaction score
Creator points were removed because we found that it was forcing a competitive environment on a creatively-focused server. Many players found this to be a bad experience, where they felt restricted in the kinds of games they could create ("will this type of game earn me a lot of points?"). A proposal in our suggestions server to disable creator points had overwhelmingly favorable votes (87-6). After a month with creator points disabled, we polled again and found that players approved of the removal (83-3).

However, we understand that it's valuable to quantify your achievements when it comes to your plots. We've added /plot stats to show stats such as total players, average play time, and more.

MrPiggy105

Emperor
Reaction score
Creator points were removed because we found that it was forcing a competitive environment on a creatively-focused server. Many players found this to be a bad experience, where they felt restricted in the kinds of games they could create ("will this type of game earn me a lot of points?"). A proposal in our suggestions server to disable creator points had overwhelmingly favorable votes (87-6). After a month with creator points disabled, we polled again and found that players approved of the removal (83-3).

However, we understand that it's valuable to quantify your achievements when it comes to your plots. We've added /plot stats to show stats such as total players, average play time, and more.
Ok, thanks for the response! For RaffyRaffy14, I have never actually had creator points, so I could be wrong.

Top Bottom