• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Creator Points Removal Test (Patch 5.3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

Something we've been thinking about a lot is: is the creator points system good for DF? Way back when I added CP I was inspired by competitive online games and figured such a framework could be adapted to DF. As time has gone on though, it seems increasingly out of place in a creative and learning-focused environment. When you play a competitive online game, you expect competitive systems that compare you against other players. On a creative platform, you don’t expect that, and the existence of such a system honestly feels kind of forced.

I posed this question to many of you in the suggestions server, and the responses were overwhelmingly in favor of trying out the removal of the creator points system. As such, we will be disabling creator points for about 1 month, after which we'll either bring back CP or move on without it. During this time, you will not gain or lose any CP.

In place of creator points, we're looking to provide some more fun stats for you to measure the success of your plots (such as total unique joins, total play time, and average play time). We've started tracking these stats in Patch 5.3.5. Thank you all for your support as we try this out!

stinkey

Forum adept
Reaction score
I love you Jeremaster, Founder and owner of DiamondFire, Owner, From USA!

also awesome cp gone

Sputt

Reaction score
Now this might sound biased, but I don't see why the change was made, I don't see how competitive aspects are inherently out of place in a game developing environment. CP is, while arguably boring and simple, quite effective as both a motivation to make games in the first place but also a reminder that you've accomplished something, even after the game isn't played anymore, and I don't see why it wouldn't fit.
The CP system has a decent amount of flaws but I don't see how removing it entirely with no replacement helps

PettatoGaming

Overlord
Reaction score
Now this might sound biased, but I don't see why the change was made, I don't see how competitive aspects are inherently out of place in a game developing environment. CP is, while arguably boring and simple, quite effective as both a motivation to make games in the first place but also a reminder that you've accomplished something, even after the game isn't played anymore, and I don't see why it wouldn't fit.
The CP system has a decent amount of flaws but I don't see how removing it entirely with no replacement helps
To be fair CP or no CP, it was kinda useless except for motivation. (well it wasn't before they changed credit changed to tokens)
In my opinion, one thought of rewarding people is to reward them a token notch as a new way of motivation to make games, and maybe if they do that they can increase all the shop items slightly so they can adapt that as a change?

Requals

Disabled
Overlord
Reaction score
proof that sputt makes his games for only cp (if it wasn't obvious i dislike cp)

Requals

Disabled
Overlord
Reaction score
yes because i totally have a reason to want cp, totally
it doesn't prove anything, it's just my opinion
your motivation is the same as mobile app creators

benpeled

Reaction score
Hello all!

Something we've been thinking about a lot is: is the creator points system good for DF? Way back when I added CP I was inspired by competitive online games and figured such a framework could be adapted to DF. As time has gone on though, it seems increasingly out of place in a creative and learning-focused environment. When you play a competitive online game, you expect competitive systems that compare you against other players. On a creative platform, you don’t expect that, and the existence of such a system honestly feels kind of forced.

I posed this question to many of you in the suggestions server, and the responses were overwhelmingly in favor of trying out the removal of the creator points system. As such, we will be disabling creator points for about 1 month, after which we'll either bring back CP or move on without it. During this time, you will not gain or lose any CP.

In place of creator points, we're looking to provide some more fun stats for you to measure the success of your plots (such as total unique joins, total play time, and average play time). We've started tracking these stats in Patch 5.3.5. Thank you all for your support as we try this out!
you do need to add something instead of it, like rating system that the players can give the game 1 to 5 stars, and then in the name of the game will show up the average of stars for examle my game will apear in the trending with the name: the shooting street {amount of stars}

ImaLEAF

Forum adept
Emperor
Reaction score
It's been 6 months
no news
no creator points
nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom