Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

• There is an ongoing Game Jam event! Learn more here

[Feedback] Dark Mode feedback thread

Refriz

Administrator / Web dev
Admin
Hey guys!

With the help of @Owen, a dark mode has been created and all visual bugs for dark - to our knowledge - are all squashed.

If you have any feedback on dark mode, let us know here, whether that be things you like about it dark mode, visual bugs, or things you would like to see changed.

Wobber

I really don't like the way it looks. I feel like if you made it more similar to things like Discord or Twitter's dark mode, with a more blueish sort of black, it would look better.

Also please don't use gray it looks bad

Refriz

Administrator / Web dev
Admin
Will experiment with different colors - thanks!

The Cube

I do think a bluish tint would be much better, yeah. However, I do think normally a grey would be fine. The reason it doesn't work here is pretty simply just the header, the blue does not work with the greys.

Noah

Support
Helper
minor suggestion ( i don't like the thread background color i'm suggesting but eh )
1600310466712.png

Noah

Support
Helper
finished my suggestion. imo it's a bit cleaner and it has DF's blue
1600311263556.png

Last edited:

Ottelino

change button color to be a bit darker, bright orange makes text hard to read

1600348332358.png
edit:
perhaps also make this less bright
1600348677868.png
edit 2:
lol you cant read this one
1600349998831.png

Last edited:

Sean

Black text should display as light, and white text should display as black. (With each theme)
I made a post using the white text instead of no text color and it was impossible to read for people
with light theme.

Owen

Support
Helper
Black text should display as light, and white text should display as black. (With each theme)
I made a post using the white text instead of no text color and it was impossible to read for people
with light theme.
The defeats the purpose of text colors tho?

Refriz

Administrator / Web dev
Admin
If black text displayed as light on light theme, it would make it invisible. If you mean on dark theme, the original black is instead white

Sean

I mean the other way around, white text is displayed as black on light theme, black text is displayed as white on dark theme.

Refriz

Administrator / Web dev
Admin
For light theme, I tried using white text and it doesn't translate to black
This is an example

Top Bottom