• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

[Feedback] Dark Mode feedback thread

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
Hey guys!

With the help of @Owen, a dark mode has been created and all visual bugs for dark - to our knowledge - are all squashed.

If you have any feedback on dark mode, let us know here, whether that be things you like about it dark mode, visual bugs, or things you would like to see changed.

Reason

Overlord
Reaction score
All black mode (Useful for amoled) when?

Wobber

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
I really don't like the way it looks. I feel like if you made it more similar to things like Discord or Twitter's dark mode, with a more blueish sort of black, it would look better.

Also please don't use gray it looks bad

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
Will experiment with different colors - thanks!

The Cube

Reaction score
I do think a bluish tint would be much better, yeah. However, I do think normally a grey would be fine. The reason it doesn't work here is pretty simply just the header, the blue does not work with the greys.

xmap

Support staff
Support
Reaction score
Looks pretty clean to me!

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
minor suggestion ( i don't like the thread background color i'm suggesting but eh )
1600310466712.png

Noah

Forum adept
Reaction score
finished my suggestion. imo it's a bit cleaner and it has DF's blue
1600311263556.png

Last edited:

Ashli

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Black text should display as light, and white text should display as black. (With each theme)
I made a post using the white text instead of no text color and it was impossible to read for people
with light theme.

D

Deleted member 26

Black text should display as light, and white text should display as black. (With each theme)
I made a post using the white text instead of no text color and it was impossible to read for people
with light theme.
The defeats the purpose of text colors tho?

Ashli

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The defeats the purpose of text colors tho?
It doesn't defeat the purpose of text colors, it makes the colors that are unreadable on each theme, readable.

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
If black text displayed as light on light theme, it would make it invisible. If you mean on dark theme, the original black is instead white

Ashli

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I mean the other way around, white text is displayed as black on light theme, black text is displayed as white on dark theme.

Refrizor

Retired Administrator
Retired Admin
Reaction score
For light theme, I tried using white text and it doesn't translate to black
This is an example

stinkey

Forum adept
Reaction score
make the the titles of threads brighter and easier to read. it's kinda hard to tell whether its bold (unread) or normal text (read) because of this
unknown.png

"a glimmer in hope" is bold and the rest are not bold but its kinda hard to tell

Top Bottom