• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Have there ever been any true RPGs in DiamondFire?

RolandMC123

Forum adept
Reaction score
Yep! There are already RPG plots on DiamondFire, and there's quite a few ambitious ones that haven't been released yet (take Starblight and The Cave for example).

Daandar

Overlord
Reaction score
most of them have been cancelled as far as i know, its just really time consuming to make a full rpg (i know this because i'm trying to make one myself)

Daandar

Overlord
Reaction score
thats pretty true, my first "rpg" plot was on my first massive (i got emperor that day). it was extremely crapyp and i don't want to think about it again. although i am making a "remake but its not really a remake its basically what i had in mind for that project originally" which i hope to release before the end of the year (open beta, not full release)

titedog

Reaction score
RPGs take up a lot of time, effort, and most importantly, variable storage. Sad thing is all RPGs will have to varpurge, but depending on how you code it there are methods of delaying it, such as item tags, %var and local vars, physical storage, etc.

General_Mudkip

Retired Moderator
Overlord
Reaction score
RPGs take a lot of effort, coding skill, and time to do properly. There's a lot of things to develop and even a smaller-scale RPG can take at least 2 months. Thinking about variable storage, enemy design, weapon design, building, dialogue, shops, abilities, stats, bosses, etc. it can definitely get overwhelming. There are some good RPGs out there, but no huge ones. There's also the fact that a huge story-based RPG wouldn't work in DF, because it's more suited to quickfire games.

Daandar

Overlord
Reaction score
DF is suited for quickfire games, yes. but i know there are several plots with players who play multiple days in a row if there is stuff to do. even my very bad rpg-ish game which was very bad had some returning players. if there is enough to do then players who enjoy the game will return

CaptainJJ21

Reaction score
DF is suited for quickfire games, yes. but i know there are several plots with players who play multiple days in a row if there is stuff to do. even my very bad rpg-ish game which was very bad had some returning players. if there is enough to do then players who enjoy the game will return

Had you ever heard the tragedy of Starblight it's not a story most people would tell you. Starblight was once a RPG so popular it had players on for extreme amounts of time it was so popular in fact that there barely was a time where people weren't playing it. However that popularity all ended when it was cleared for lagslayer reasons. I don't know why exactly but I think it's most likely because of the players which lagslayer was also a reason for several RPGs failing you know.

Wobber

Forum adept
Overlord
Reaction score
Had you ever heard the tragedy of Starblight it's not a story most people would tell you. Starblight was once a RPG so popular it had players on for extreme amounts of time it was so popular in fact that there barely was a time where people weren't playing it. However that popularity all ended when it was cleared for lagslayer reasons. I don't know why exactly but I think it's most likely because of the players which lagslayer was also a reason for several RPGs failing you know.
lmfao

RolandMC123

Forum adept
Reaction score
A plot can't be cleared by lagslayer? ...Anyway, Qxeii and TRMMax are working on a Starblight sequel for a while, but the team isn't very active rn.

Qxeii

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Lagslayer was fine, I cleared the plot wanting to make it better cause I thought most people hated it cause of Tib & kearster etc

Daandar

Overlord
Reaction score
afaik starblight never was "playable", sure there were the small tests that were done but it never released as a full game (i should know because i'm one of the head builders, even though i'm taking a short break)

Qxeii

Server Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Daandar, before the current starblight me, trm, and urbroken made the original, thats what i'm referring to

Daandar

Overlord
Reaction score
yea i wasn't on the very first version, i joined at the point where prismarine was important to the lore

Top Bottom