• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Kill messages

StoryTellr

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with the kill messages in my game. The values are always wrong and it doesnt show at all if the player is killed using a raycast gun. What are some ways I could code kill messages with no issues. Once I have the time I will post my current setup.

Solution
The most common issue with these systems is that the "player kill player" event won't trigger because you killed the player with code (probably a damage action). A really simple fix for this is to call the code from the "player die" event, and to get the killers name just make a '%default lastDamagedBy' variable that stores the name of the player that damaged you last (make sure to update it BEFORE you inflict the damage)

Jimmy_The_Knight

Reaction score
The most common issue with these systems is that the "player kill player" event won't trigger because you killed the player with code (probably a damage action). A really simple fix for this is to call the code from the "player die" event, and to get the killers name just make a '%default lastDamagedBy' variable that stores the name of the player that damaged you last (make sure to update it BEFORE you inflict the damage)

Solution
Top Bottom