• Hey! Register here to create your account, engage with the community, and talk about what is new!

Rating all One Shot shots

One Shot was my favorite game back when PixelSquib (now Pixci) originally released it. I always thought Snipes, its sequel, was too convoluted, and I enjoyed the original much more. A few months ago, I gave Squilliam the idea to recreate One Shot - and he delivered! In this forum post, I'll be rating all the available shots in this new version, in my personal (but objectively the best /j) opinion.

The rating scale is 1-10, 1 being the worst and 10 being the best. I'll also mark the shots I have equipped in my main loadout.
Also, disclaimer: most shots here (except combo and doubler lol) are great if you use them properly. This is just based on what I personally use. I also keep editing this, changing the scores, so I guess that means the game is pretty balanced.

Basic Shot: 5/10
This is basically the control shot, so I'll be comparing all other shots to this. Nothing much to say about it, just a standard snowball shot with 1 second cooldown.

Double Shot + Trio Shot: 5/10
I almost NEVER use double or triple shot. There's much better shots (like the Wave, Spam or Split shots) that can replace this, and some even have a lower cooldown. Overall, these aren't very practical - I'd even say the Basic Shot is more effective than them, due to the cooldown.
Edit: After the Double Shot buff, it might be viable now. Rating changed from 3/10 to 5/10.

Combo Shot: 2/10
I could see someone using this shot, but I personally think it's not too great. It has a cooldown when using it, so it's not viable to use while in battle, meaning only your first shot will benefit from it - heck, some shots (like the snake, detonator, ride, etc) don't even benefit from it at all! Not to mention that you're wasting a precious slot that could go a long way in varying your playstyle.

Cluster Shot: 6/10
I know I'm giving a lot of low scores here, but I just can't give this a higher score than the Basic Shot. It fires a cluster of shots, yes, but they're all concentrated into one block - it's meant to be a shotgun, so it makes sense, but because of this it's not more effective than any other shot. At a distance, I could see this being used to try to get a lucky shot, but it's way too inaccurate then. I wouldn't use it.
Edit: After the Cluster Shot buff, this could probably be used instead of the Spam Shot. Rating changed from 4/10 to 6/10.

Spam Shot: 6/10
Aha! The first *good* score. The Spam Shot can be used if your enemy is really mobile, or if you're both on cooldown and want to end the battle quickly. It fires a series of shots in quick succession, making it perfect for shooting a moving target, and more reliable than using a Basic Shot, since there's multiple opportunities for the opponent to be hit. The only downside here is the cooldown, meaning if you miss when shooting, you're pretty much dead. Overall, this can be used in many scenarios where the Basic Shot simply wouldn't work, so I'm giving it a 6.

Sniper Shot: 9/10
Every player should have this in their loadout - the Sniper Shot (also the camper's best friend) allows you to get high-distance, accurate kills. It's most effective in long corridors or on top of high buildings (notably, the crane and the stone brick building site). If you use it correctly, and have good aim, you can get a really high streak from just sniping on the crane.

Magma Shot: 7/10
The Magma Shot fires a shot which "summons" a magma circle, killing anyone near it. It can be used when killing people in a big range, or to block off an area for a short period of time, like the airstrike (this is especially useful if you're playing on the crane position).
Edit: I've started using the Magma Shot more in my primary loadout and I like it. Rating increased.

Detonator Shot: 6/10
This shot is pretty interesting - you can throw down TNT, and then explode it whenever you like. It's a pretty useful shot for sneakily trapping players, or preventing people from climbing the crane by detonating whenever they get near (though it's really hard). It is, however, quite frustrating when a player kills you with the detonator down, or you accidentally kill yourself by detonating the TNT too quickly.

Ride Shot: 10/10
Do I even need to say anything? This is great for mobility, and incredibly useful when you need to escape a fight. Every player should have this in their loadout.

Bouncy Shot: 7/10
The Bouncy Shot is a great shot to use when trying to kill people in short / crammed corridors or corners, as it's very hard to dodge in those situations. Many people use this as their Basic Shot replacement, but I prefer the Float Shot.

Doubler: 1/10
Same reasons as the Combo Shot, but now the cooldown is 2 seconds, so you DEFINITELY can't use it in battle.

Float Shot: 10/10
This shot throws a no gravity snowball that gains gravity after a couple of seconds. I believe this is a great replacement for the Basic Shot, as it has the 2nd shortest cooldown of all shots (excluding Combo and Cursed Shot) at only 1.5 seconds! It can be used as a primary weapon, but also as a short-range sniper, because of it's no gravity property.

Grenade Shot: 3/10
This shot is imo not very useful. You're more likely to kill your enemy with the grenade itself than it's explosion, but it's sorta useful when you want to push the player away from you? I can't see why you couldn't just Ride Shot out of the fight, though.

Snake Shot: 9/10
A very creative shot that climbs walls and goes in a straight line on the ground to hit its target. This is a great shot to use when your opponent is trying to stall for time, shifting behind a wall, since you can simply surprise them with a snake. It's also useful for getting rid of campers, especially on the stone brick construction site (harder to kill them on the crane, but possible). For what it does, it's really good.

Airstrike Shot: 5/10
This shot doesn't have many uses, because of the delay before actually calling the airstrike and the high(est) cooldown, but it's useful for getting people down from high spots, such as the crane, crane platform or construction building.

Wave Shot: 4/10
This is just the Split Shot, but with a slow animation. I do not recommend.
Edit: Increased rating from 3/10 to 4/10 because it could be used on players that don't really expect it (e.g. if you have the high ground), but it's still very dodgeable if you see the animation.

Decoy: 4/10
You can achieve some sneaky plays with the decoy, making your enemy think you've left the area, but it's really hard. You could technically use this as a sort of worse sniper or perhaps to bait someone into detonating. It doesn't have too many uses, though, so I'm giving it a 4.

Boomerang Shot: 8/10
Again, I can totally see this being used as a replacement for the Basic Shot. It has the no gravity property, just like the Float Shot, but it quickly returns back to the owner, so not a big range. You can use this to bait people out of corners, only to kill them, or to kill people after they kill you. The cooldown is also great - just a little behind Float Shot, at 1.75 seconds.

Cursed Shot: 5/10
I don't know how to fell about this. On one hand, you can spam this and "out-cooldown" your enemy, but basically every other shot you have becomes unusable. I wouldn't use this, but some people might like it.

Split Shot: 7/10
The ideal version of the Wave Shot - instead of having a lengthy animation, it fires a shot that directly splits into multiple. I don't use this, since it's not really my playstyle, but this can definitely be used in place of e.g. the Spam Shot in my loadout. Something important to note is that the shot only splits after a small delay, and it won't do that in close combat.

And that's it! Sorry if I made any grammar mistakes or stuff like that.

Last edited:

TheSquilliam

Overlord
Reaction score
Why are you hating on trio shot 😠
But besides that, i mostly agree

Bee

Overlord
Reaction score
i agree with most things exept double shot rating

RolandMC123

Forum adept
Reaction score
OK I increased the double and trio shot rating to 3/10 just so it's above Combo & Doubler, but just use like split shot instead smh

Mipoxa

Mythic
Reaction score
There's only 2 types of players - those that rate Split Shot 10/10 and those that don't know how to use it.

shiverdog

Reaction score
smh didn't even take the time to rate lantern, the most broken shot

slavaxkt

Reaction score
Not a bad rating, honestly. However I believe, you missed one of the best usages of Cluster Shot: mobility. It's relatively low recharge speed and high recoil allows to move around the map more quickly, climb up majority of the walls or jump between each other. It could be useful to find opponents quicker or to escape the area, in which you could be killed easily.

Top Bottom